DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Adventurer's Backpack Kickstarter

Not much of a C&C player myself but stumbled upon this in my travels of the internet this morning and thought some of you might be interested. At the time of this posting it's $400 away from being backed and it only just launched today.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ckpack/updates

Happy gaming!

Blog Entries
    Here's hoping a FG version is released.

I'll back this, but just at the PDF level.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    2 says ago 7inches of C&C kickstarter goodies arrived at my door.
    I will only buy digital too I think.
    I think that deserves a picture of how much C&C that makes!

Someone on the kickstarter asked Steve if it will be coming to FG. His response was: that will no doubt happen! ~ Steve
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    I think that deserves a picture of how much C&C that makes!
    I think I have every edition of the PHB, M&T and CKG except limited edition ones... enough already!

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hjb2lWTVlqXzhn

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I think I have every edition of the PHB, M&T and CKG except limited edition ones... enough already!

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hjb2lWTVlqXzhn
    That's one big Keepers guide. Wow. But some hobbies are worth it. Until you have to move. And carry the boxes.

Blog Entries
    I have a floor to ceiling book case full of RPGs. I dont buy many physical ones any more. I actually paid for these 2 or 3 years ago...
    This year I have probably only bought Dungeon World, the D&D Dungeon Masters Guide and one more in physical form. Everything else has been digital.

Books are very much a challenge when moving!

Blog Entries
    After moving every two years for a couple of decades including two moves to Asia, I buy a lot in digital form. I still prefer physical books to learn RPG rules though. Recently, I have been replacing my AD&D books that I disposed of many moves ago (they were loved to death).

I did back this Kickstarter in dead tree form. I will eventually order the other books via Amazon.com. The free shipping beats the lower Kickstarter prices.
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; October 30th, 2016 at 05:24.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I did back this Kickstarter in dead tree form. I will eventually order the other books via Amazon.com. The free shipping beats the lower Kickstarter prices.
    I've backed this Kickstarter but, to be perfrectly honest, I'm struggling to see the value I get for parting with my money now. I've backed at the $40 level to get the print and PDF - plus shipping to be charged via backerkit after. Assuming that a print/PDf bundle will go for something similar to the player's handbook on their store which is $36 (or even if it is a bit more $40-45), and that TLG have their usual semi-regular sales with 25-40% off items in their store. I'm really struggling to see what the advantage is to me backing this Kickstarter - other than getting the book early (and helping to ensure the book is released in the first place), unless there will be some KS exclusive stretch goals opening up that make it worth my while.

I love the TLG stuff and like to support them, but I've been seeing more and more from their recent Kickstarters that they really are becoming just a pre-order mechanism that takes my money now and doesn't give me savings in return and I get the product (usually) many months after I've parted with my money. (This isn't just TLG doing this in Kickstarter now with many established RPG companies doing this for new products, but this is a very specific example.)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information