DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    A few comments based on the recent posts:
    - Tokens are fine on any layer. But, as has been mentioned - don't put PC/NPC tokens on any layer but the top layer as the players can only interact (move, target, etc.) with tokens on the top layer.

Quote Originally Posted by Salva View Post
    I force the close of FG and reopen it and no issues until know except for the lines
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...6&d=1477020746
    This sometimes happens as a grid is on each layer and at certain zoom levels it might not full align through all layers. Usually zooming in and out with the mouse wheel a couple of times fixes it. Or you might have to adjust the zoom slightly.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe for the comments.
    I think im not being very clear with my words (my english is not very good).
    Maybe this video can illustrate what i mean when i say that when i place a token (no PC nor NPC) in the middle layer it doesn appear in the client view. Is not a big issue and i can anyway make complete use of the extension but is good to know what im doing wrong or whats not working as i understand it should: (right view is the server, left the client):
    https://www.screencast.com/t/HRnRXR9xvVh
    Thanks

Hmm, not at all sure what is going on there, since I can't reproduce that. What tokens are you using?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Im not sure if i understand right your question but im using .png files and i have make test with differents ones to see if that happens with one on particular but it doesnt.
    In the other hand i tried what Trenloe suggest
    This sometimes happens as a grid is on each layer and at certain zoom levels it might not full align through all layers. Usually zooming in and out with the mouse wheel a couple of times fixes it. Or you might have to adjust the zoom slightly.
    but with no luck, is there another way to "fix" the lines: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...6&d=1477020746

Thank you very much

Yes I should have been clearer, I meant what token package. But if you have tried various different ones then the theory that I had was that it was a problem was a token one is a non starter. Sorry.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

For the token issue (I'm unable to recreate also):
    1) Does it only occur when you put the token on the middle layer immediately beneath a token on the top layer? Or does it do it no matter where you put the token on the middle layer?
    2) If you right-click on the "hidden" token and select Visibility -> Set Always Visible does that make a difference?
    3) Clear the player cache (click the "nuke" button in the top right of the "Join Game" screen).

For the line issue:
    1) What grid resolution (pixels per square) are you using?
    2) What is the resolution of the map?
    3) Is there a grid within the map image?
    3) If you nudge the grid (left, right, up down) using the grid fine controls on the toolbar does the thick line go away?
    4) If you increase/decrease the grid size using the + and - button does the think line go away?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Trenloe, i cast your powerfull spell
    3) Clear the player cache (click the "nuke" button in the top right of the "Join Game" screen).
    and the two monsters died inmediately.
    No more grossy lines nor issues placing tokens in the middle layer.
    Thank you very much!!!

Look that one bigger monster has come to life:

i got an error again today when i get my players to my game.
    FG crashed with many errors and i had to disable the extension to be able to play.
    Now i am making tests by my own with a clean copy of the image (no tokens, no pins, no nothing) and when i share it i got this messages errors:

Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Network Notice: 'Oswald' connected
    Ruleset Warning: imagecontrol: Could not find zoom status icon () for control (features_image) in windowclass (imagewindow)
    Ruleset Warning: imagecontrol: Could not find zoom status icon () for control (play_image) in windowclass (imagewindow)
    Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrollay_image) "This one repeated several times"
    Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:image) "This one repeated several times"
    Runtime Error: D3DXCreateTexture failed - D3DPOOL_SYSTEMMEM
    Network Warning: Unable to locate requested file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Oswald_1477290687'
    Network Warning: Unable to locate requested file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Oswald_1477290688'
    Network Warning: Unable to locate requested file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Oswald_1477290689'
    Network Warning: Unable to locate requested file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Oswald_1477290690'
    The image finally loads on client but i have fear i will have problems with my players.
    The second time i share the image i got this:
    Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Network Notice: 'Oswald' connected
    Ruleset Warning: imagecontrol: Could not find zoom status icon () for control (features_image) in windowclass (imagewindow)
    Ruleset Warning: imagecontrol: Could not find zoom status icon () for control (play_image) in windowclass (imagewindow)
    Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrollay_image) "This one repeated several times"
    Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:image) "This one repeated several times"
    Network Warning: Unable to locate requested file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Oswald_1477290687'
    Network Warning: Unable to locate requested file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Oswald_1477290688'
    Network Warning: Unable to locate requested file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Oswald_1477290689'
    Network Warning: Unable to locate requested file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Oswald_1477290690'
    Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:image)
    Runtime Error: D3DXCreateTexture failed - D3DPOOL_MANAGED
    Runtime Error: D3DXCreateTexture failed - D3DPOOL_MANAGED
    Network Warning: Unable to locate requested file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Oswald_1477290865'
    Network Warning: Unable to locate requested file 'campaign/temp/drawing_snapshot_Oswald_1477290866'
    Runtime Error: Exception: bad allocation

Database Notice: Campaign saved.
    And then FG crashes.....

I have made test with other low quality images with no problem but with better quality ones i get problems like the client being unable to resize the image. Is there a limit size for images (havent seen one)?
    The one that has the issue is 7.21MB and 5455 x 7500 pixels. Maybe thats why is producing trouble?

Thank you very much
    Last edited by Salva; October 24th, 2016 at 07:54.

@Salva - when you are testing have Windows task manager open and see how much memory fantasygrounds.exe is using when you start to have issues. I'd recommend trying to reduce the size of the image file if you're using a lot of memory. FG is a 32-bit application so can't use all of your computer memory, it is limited.

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Windows? If you're using 32-bit you will have issues when memory use for fantasygrounds.exe gets above 1.6-1.7GB, if running 64-bit Windows you'll have issues above 3.5GB.

Blog Entries
    They are large images. I rarely use an image over 1mb
    I am curious - is your campaign called Temp? or Campaign?
    Ive never seen a Temp subfolder or images created/stored in the campaign root...

Thread Information