DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

A few 4e questions

So, I've been running through 4e games recently and come across a few issues that I am unsure of how to address.

So first up, half damage on a miss.
    I used a goblin wyrmpriest's breath ability, which does half it's damage on a miss. This doesn't appear to work like 5th editions multitargeting where it will keep them targeted and apply half the rolled result, instead just dropping targeting on the miss. I assume this might be to do with 4e using attacks vs a value, instead of forcing a saving throw. In relation to this, is there a way that you can quickly half the damage when dragging the result to a target, similar to how CTRL + drag reverses it? I know you can open the modifier window, but it's a heap of extra clicks especially with multiple targets that need this dragged onto them.

Secondly, the powers tab of the full sheet doesnt let you scroll down to the bottom few values, instead seemingly getting stuck above them. This occurs if you have more powers than can fit in the window and it adds the scroll bar. The mini window works this around, but is an issue when you can't edit the effects of abilities at the bottom.

Thirdly, and this relates specifically to 3.2.0, the memory seems to be much better managed, and crashes have not been happening as frequently, but only on DM side. Players still have issue opening larger modules (including modules with only 300 entries, instead of the older 6000 entries that I cut down to partial books. Anyone else have similar issues with 4e?
    Last edited by spite; October 24th, 2016 at 21:17.

Blog Entries
    As for half damage. There is a mouse/key combination for it. Someone started a thread and JPG added to it with a really great list of shortcut keys, but I can't find it and my search-fu is really poor. So yes, but maybe you can find it by searching? I would think it would have been in the Community or 5E forums, but not sure. Sorry.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I found the thread for a few days ago with a list but unfortunately none of them were haf damage modifiers

Only 5E does the auto-half damage for saving throws. For 4E (and other d20 based rulesets) you need to do it manually. FG will remove those who made their save from the targeting and you can roll the damage and auto apply it. Then, right click on the damage total in the chat window and select "half" to halve the damage and drag the halved damage from the chat window to each token/creature in the combat tracker. See "Chat Window Context Menus" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/..._Context_Menus
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

1) Half damage on miss.
    As Trenloe as stated, this was how it was handled when 4E ruleset developed.

2) PC sheet powers scroll issue
    I'll have to research.

3) v3.2.0 and modules
    I'm not seeing this on my machine, but I parsed my modules a long time ago by book. I opened both PHBs, all 5 powers, both DMGs, both adventurer vaults and a few more without issue on the player side. Do the modules you're opening on the player side have a lot of images/tokens, that can seriously affect memory performance on the player side?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    1) Half damage on miss.
    As Trenloe as stated, this was how it was handled when 4E ruleset developed.

2) PC sheet powers scroll issue
    I'll have to research.

3) v3.2.0 and modules
    I'm not seeing this on my machine, but I parsed my modules a long time ago by book. I opened both PHBs, all 5 powers, both DMGs, both adventurer vaults and a few more without issue on the player side. Do the modules you're opening on the player side have a lot of images/tokens, that can seriously affect memory performance on the player side?

Regards,
    JPG
    The modules in question are the parser output of only the feats, split into three modules. One each for epic, heroic and paragon. When I get home I might do a complete reinstall and purge of all campaign datas and stuff and if it persists I will send you the module files to see if there is something I am missing.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the responses to you and everyone else who has answered. The right-click menu will have to do, and is less annoying than opening the modifiers window each time.

I thought I might ask this here rather than another thread, but the Effect "HEAL: 5" granted by the power Beacon of Hope https://puu.sh/sdRov/81221fddfb.png does not correctly apply to the heal as I have it set up for Astral Seal https://puu.sh/sdRpZ/3c519b7b5e.png
    It only appears to apply when a Healing Surge is used, instead of any healing effect.
    Is there any chance of having that corrected?

Also,
    Is there anyway to make the marking work to apply a -2 to atk on any target other than the defender that marked it? So far all we've been able to do is put a universal -2 on all atks, but that becomes an annoyance when the mob "honors the mark" and shouldnt receive a negative
    Last edited by spite; November 10th, 2016 at 22:19.

If the source of the mark applies the Marked condition to the target (or it's applied by the GM when the desired player is the active CT entry), then the Applied By: tag will show the source of the Marked effect. Then, any attack rolls from the marked target receive a -2 (shown as [MARK -2]), if the source of the mark is not attacked.

On the HEAL effect, the effect was built to support Healer's Lore, which specifically requires that a healing surge be spent to trigger the effect. So, there is no HEAL effect that triggers on any heal.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If the source of the mark applies the Marked condition to the target (or it's applied by the GM when the desired player is the active CT entry), then the Applied By: tag will show the source of the Marked effect. Then, any attack rolls from the marked target receive a -2 (shown as [MARK -2]), if the source of the mark is not attacked.

On the HEAL effect, the effect was built to support Healer's Lore, which specifically requires that a healing surge be spent to trigger the effect. So, there is no HEAL effect that triggers on any heal.

Regards,
    JPG
    Ahhh gotcha. I figured that might have been the case on the Heal one, which is a pain, but at least now I know I am reading the rules right when adjusting the other heals manually :P.

As for the mark, I don't think it's working correctly. Check this out, I apply the mark: -2 effect from Voxis, and it shows in the tracker that it was applied by him https://puu.sh/sf79i/3896056bb4.png and if I attack him, the same -2 is on the attack as when attacking Thorfin as seen here https://puu.sh/sf7aW/68dfeee149.png BLKARKJSAHKLJDSHG:KALJSH Ok I just checked the effects page, and found that the player was using a parsed effect that simply picked up MARK; ATK: -2 instead of the keyword "marked"

This now works correctly thanks so much Moon.

Rather than make new threads.

There is issues with the End Next Turn and End of Turn tracking. The combat tracker is making things last a turn longer than they should.
    IE, case study would be.
    PC A puts an effect on an ork that ends at the end of the Ork's next turn.
    Ork's turn comes up in tracker, and then ends. This should have the effect fall off, however it goes around FULLY again and only falls off the second time the Ork's turn comes up and ends.

This happens if the Ork is next, or has already acted this round.

Thread Information