FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    nice damned! Or damn nice?

This would work for Bardic Inspiration too wouldn't it? Sounds like the same mechanic.
    I think they all use different dice. Bards give different dice depending on what level they are on.

Blog Entries
    Ok - I cant find the rules in the PHB bnickelsen could you point me in the right direction?
    Additionally LordEntrails got me thinking... so a couple of hours further along it now supports you setting any single dice from d4-d20 to use as the extra roll.
    Because Bardic inspiration is given to someone else - Ive decided against setting it to add to the Modifiers automatically.

Ill upload an update when I hear back from bnickelsen.
    Now I really need to get back to CoC conversion...

Wow, superb, this is going to work for bardic inspiration! Actually, the automatic addition to modifier would be my preferred option. The bard only needs to track the number of dice he has given out. I would use a power or ammo counter for that.
    For the other player who actually uses the bonus die the automation would be really convenient.

This should also work for superiority dice as well and there are a few spell effects that it can also be used for.

Well done damned you've opened a whole can of worms here
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ok - I cant find the rules in the PHB bnickelsen could you point me in the right direction?
    Additionally LordEntrails got me thinking... so a couple of hours further along it now supports you setting any single dice from d4-d20 to use as the extra roll.
    Because Bardic inspiration is given to someone else - Ive decided against setting it to add to the Modifiers automatically.

Now I really need to get back to CoC conversion...
    DMG pg. 264 right column
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Just wondering: with this extension, can the damage result (i.e one d6) be stored and add to a following roll's result ?

I mean, not displayed in the chat as it is rolled at first, but added to the second roll.
    Last edited by Maspalio; October 22nd, 2016 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Maspalio View Post
    Just wondering: with this extension, can the damage result (i.e one d6) be stored and add to a following roll's result ?

I mean, not displayed in the chat as it is rolled at first, but added to the second roll.
    Not without an extension to the extension

What you can do is once the hero dice has been rolled it can be dragged and dropped onto the target. So for example if you decide to add some damage by using a Hero point and rolling the d6 you can (or at least the DM can) pick up the result of the d6 roll and drop it onto the wounds of the target.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries

Hero Points for 5e Extension

Ok so this is where Ive gone with the extension:

Notes:
    Single click the Hero Points field to edit it (eg add Hero Points).
    Double click to use a Hero Point.
    You cant use Hero Points if you don’t have any - nothing will happen from your double click,
    Double clicking will decrement the count by 1.
    You can rename the Hero Points anything you like and it will use that name in the roll descriptions (this will make it useful in games where you are not using Hero Points but are using Bardic Inspiration for example).
    Each player can have them named differently.
    If you leave the dice field blank it will just report that you have used Hero Point (or whatever its called).
    If you select a die from the cycler (click to move to the next die size) it will also roll that die to the Chat window.
    If a die result is displayed in the window you can then drag that directly onto a target or drag it to the Modifiers dock.
    This will then apply to your next roll -or- you can drag your previous roll back onto its target and it will recalculate and add the Hero Points in.

Attachment 15810
    Attachment 15810

Ok so this is where Ive gone with the extension:

Notes:
    Single click the Hero Points field to edit it (eg add Hero Points).
    Double click to use a Hero Point.
    You cant use Hero Points if you don’t have any - nothing will happen from your double click,
    Double clicking will decrement the count by 1.
    You can rename the Hero Points anything you like and it will use that name in the roll descriptions (this will make it useful in games where you are not using Hero Points but are using Bardic Inspiration for example).
    Each player can have them named differently.
    If you leave the dice field blank it will just report that you have used Hero Point (or whatever its called).
    If you select a die from the cycler (click to move to the next die size) it will also roll that die to the Chat window.
    If a die result is displayed in the window you can then drag that directly onto a target or drag it to the Modifiers dock.
    This will then apply to your next roll -or- you can drag your previous roll back onto its target and it will recalculate and add the Hero Points in.

Attachment 15810
    Attachment 15810
    Looking good... Just wondering how hard it would be to lock the ability to add points and make so that only the DM can add.
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

I just stumbled with this extension. Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by El Condoro View Post
    Are hero points different to the inspiration used in 5e?
    For the sake of flexibility, I was hoping to see Inspiration and Hero Points linked at the DMG's release (at the very least making them translatable: for instance Inspiration = 2 Hero Points or whatever), instead of completely separated treatments of them.

But of course this has nothing to do with this extension.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Thread Information