STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Storm King's Thunder Maps

Here's a few maps for use with Storm King's Thunder - yes I know it's been out for a while but I haven't had the time until now.

There's only a small number of maps in this module but they do cover the three big combats in Chapter 2. I've also thrown in a few non specific maps which could be used for random encounters.

To use just download the module attached and put it into the modules folder in Fantasy grounds; fire up Fantasy Grounds and navigate to the modules library and open the module.

The maps should be usable in any ruleset.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; October 19th, 2016 at 18:03.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Very, very nice.

Now, the continued education of Zacchaeus on FG map/module file sizes... What is the largest file in this module? Thumbnail.png at over 1MB and 1000x800 pixels! Wait, what?!? A teeny tiny image that FG only ever displays at a maximum size of 56x56 pixels?!? Reduce that file size sir!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    And when did I finish the attack on Triboar? Why, Monday night. The actual city map can do ok, you just drop a grid on it and know that you end up with tiny tokens. That is for people that want to break out into 7 Samuarai or 13 Assassins defenses of the town.

Otherwise, maps like this are great options. You just theatre of the mind until contact and use maps like these ones.

My players engaged them away from the center of town and fell back. Was doing great until the giants started throwing rocks, then it got dicey.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Very, very nice.

Now, the continued education of Zacchaeus on FG map/module file sizes... What is the largest file in this module? Thumbnail.png at over 1MB and 1000x800 pixels! Wait, what?!? A teeny tiny image that FG only ever displays at a maximum size of 56x56 pixels?!? Reduce that file size sir!
    Ahahahahahaha. Used the wrong freeking file for the thumbnail didn't I? Well spotted
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Nice. ThanX Zac!
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    Zacchaeus.

Your maps are great (as always). ThanX again, I do however have a question... The attack on Bryn Shander, unless I'm reading it wrong, has 9 frost giants elsewhere occupying the town's malitia, while two frost giants and the leader attack the gate (or try to parlay) along with two winter wolves. This seems a bit cramped. See my pic.

Attachment 15764

Had something more in mind with half way between yours and this...

Attachment 15765

What do you think?

Actually all I'm really looking for is some kind of DM justification to explain the small spacing outside the gate. I guess I'm not creative enough for my players. I know you can help.
    Last edited by rob2e; October 19th, 2016 at 19:11.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Alright here you go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Alright here you go.
    OMG! That took you like three seconds. You're a god. AND I'm going to use this is today's game. My party is about to throw down with their newly acquired NPC party members at level 5. Very Exciting. ThanX man. I hope you'll put that in your Map Pack, I'm sure people would love to have two different gate approaches which can of course be used genericly.

Zacchaeus, you should consider running seminars. I don't know what for, but for all the incredible stuff you do. I will attend every seminar you run. I don't care what it's for.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    Zacchaeus, you should consider running seminars. I don't know what for, but for all the incredible stuff you do. I will attend every seminar you run. I don't care what it's for.
    +100

Please start a blog/guide for all the stuff you do if possible.

EDIT: Cannot rep you more than once :'(
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

Blog Entries
    Was there ever a map pack like this put out for LMoP?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information