DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Pick up games?

Pick up games?

Is there any location or hang out one might check for pick up games? say a teamspeak location, FB, anywhere?

Have FG will trav......errr, login.

Blog Entries
    I don't think there are many pick up games of C&C. 5e you probably would find traction given the majority of users are there or so the numbers tell us.

If you are just hanging around hoping to get into a game, the Teamspeak server has a LFG room. I've seen the occasional person sitting in there waiting/hoping someone will invite them into a current game for the evening.

Oh and check your email.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

The Fantasy Grounds community hasn't embraced the idea of pick-up games. Occasionally you'll see someone advertise on the forums "Hey, I'm going to run a game in a couple of hours, anyone interested?"

The fact that there are usually more players than GMs (for popular games - the type that might be successful in a pick-up environment) allows a GM to advertise ahead of time and get a bunch of players sorted before they plan to run the game. And most GMs on the forums run campaigns, not one-offs. Even for one-offs, most FG GMs will advertise ahead of time - so they'll know if they're going to have some players.

If you're looking to get a game together and haven't had much success, then some people have found that organising a group themselves has sometimes worked. You don't have to be the GM to organise a gaming group...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well then I just need more C&C games to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker73 View Post
    As mentioned above, try organising one!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker73 View Post
    Check your email. :-)

Thread Information