Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... Last

[LFP] Rippers Resurrected Saturdays 6-9pm ET

Attachment 15748

I'll be running a Rippers Resurrected Campaign on alternating Saturdays starting this week on the 22nd. I have an unlimited license so no purchase needed for players new to Fantasy Grounds. I like Masks approach to Rippers and players are free to come and go as needed. This makes thematic sense given the way a Rippers Lodge works. The calendar link is HERE. A brief introduction to the campaign is provided below as the first episode was played in a one-shot by a previous group. (WARNING: the summary below includes spoilers from the plot point campaign). As the campaign goes on, for anyone looking to just read the session recaps, I have created a blog (look to the left by my name info for the link) with just the session recaps.

The Story So Far...

Several members of the London lodge of the Rippers were the invited guests of noted ancient civilizations scholar, Arthur Harmsworth. After spending an evening being regaled by the professor's tales of his recent work translating ancient Egyptian texts, the dinner party was interrupted by a break-in at the University where the professor resided. It was only after a group of opium fueled thug intruders were roundly defeated that it was discovered the break-in was merely a pretext for the abduction of the professor. After tracking the kidnappers to a Limehouse street gambling parlour and opium den - the group was able to hunt down the kidnapper's purported leader, Freddie Marchant through the streets of London in a harrowing chase. Managing to derail the carriage carrying the scholar with their attacks, the carriage skidded to a halt. As the Rippers rushed to tender aid to the professor who was in the carriage as it came to an abrupt stop, the heroes were set upon by a Shadow Beast pouncing upon them on a dreary night at the docks. Dispatching this latest threat - the Rippers were horrified to learn the poor professor did not survive the crash of the carriage.

Last edited by Talen; October 24th, 2016 at 05:10.

In Henry's defense, he only shot the horse. I have signed up on the calendar. Will we be using pregens or should we send you XML's. I kind of liked Henry Rawlings but also have a couple of other ideas.

Players can create characters or use a pregen - players choice.
    ....just don't choose a cowboy....horses aren't safe around you.

Quote Originally Posted by BDaniel View Post
    In Henry's defense, he only shot the horse. I have signed up on the calendar. Will we be using pregens or should we send you XML's. I kind of liked Henry Rawlings but also have a couple of other ideas.

Talen,
    Pm me your email. I thought I had it already but am unable to find it. I will forward XML's. BTW I am really looking forward to this. I did go out a buy the Rippers Resurrected Player and GM modules for FG but haven't really delved into the GM side or the plot point campaign, especially since you told me about starting this one.

Talen,
    I see that for now I am the only one signed up. I will do a little recruiting with my Last Parsec and 5e group and see if we get any takers.

I guess I've been spoiled with 5e games filling up quickly. I'll have to work promoting this one. I have reached out to a couple people locally as well. We' ll get this campaign moving one way or the other!

Yeah. I am doing some recruiting myself. I struck out last night with our Last Parsec group. Most are already committed to "face to face" games on the weekends. I still have my 5e group tonight....lets see if I can get a convert to go Savage. No worries though, maybe just delay until we get the required amount to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    ...I like Masks approach to Rippers and players are free to come and go as needed. ...
    Tempting indeed! I'm in another game this weekend and my schedule is a bit crazy, but it'd be fun to pop in on this from time to time. Rippers seems quite the fun setting.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Hope you can find time to make it when the schedule permits Hector.

Blog Entries
    Talen I wrote this on the East Texas University game...

If you have a game/system that attracts a smaller audience my recommendation is start when you have 2 or 3 players and post a weekly/fortnightly session recap - all the fun bits - and finish with "Looking for 1 more player". Always look for 1 player not more. It just works better. If you wait till you have 4 or 6 players you might lose some of your first players because they found other games running now. If you have 5 people interested in ETU logging in per week you might take (example) 4 weeks to get enough unique ETU players view your post and apply. If you are running 5e you get 20 5e players logging in every hour.
    Schedule the game and start. You will recruit more players as you go along.

Thread Information