Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    Now if only the hexes drawn by Fantasy Grounds weren't made out of fat jagged lines...

I would really love it if you could set a grid (square or hex) and then make it invisible (leaving only the grid lines on the map image, or none.)
    agreed. Wonder if this is possible to adjust in the ruleset file... Would make it pretty hard to line up initially but could still be worth a look as an interim fix.

Is there a program like map align that we can use to scale the maps to fit the hex on or a way to code that into map align or does it already do that and I am missing something?

Edit: I wish the map gods at paizo would include maps in their pdfs with the option to remove the grid like they did in some of their Pathfinder products.

No. The grid alignment tool only works for square grids. Aligning hex grids is next to impossible. As you point out the best solution is to not have the grid baked into the map, then you can just draw an FG grid to whatever you want.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I fiddled for the longest time with making Worldographer maps line up with the grid on FG, the numbers here did help guide me, but did not give accurate results.

Ended up getting my map to be accurate lined up with FG grid by using 60 Hex width with 53 Hex Height, so I recommend that for anyone else

Or, just export your maps without a grid and rely on FG to draw the grid for you...

Blog Entries
    And welcome to the forums

Thanks for letting us know what worked in your case.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm a bit late to this, but I'm using the old version of Hexographer (v1.80.4) and a Width of 48 pixels and height of 42 pixels creates maps with a hex grid that aligns perfectly with the fantasy grounds grid. Set the hex height to 42 in FG and just like magic the grid aligns

You can add width 40 by height 37 to the list of known dimensions that work. And here is how to do it for any size.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by cas206; September 5th, 2020 at 03:50.

Thread Information