5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    You should either stay on v3.2.2 (which will throw a warning when connecting to games hosted on v3.2.1, but should still work), or wait to rebuild until v3.2.2 released.

Alternately, you can avoid loading campaign data in Manage Characters mode. (I.e. Only use game system (ruleset) selection, not specific campaigns). The issue only arises when cached campaign characters overwrite local characters.

Regards,
    JPG

Oh! Someone told me you couldn't connect to older versions. I'll try out 3.2.2 then and see if I can connect to a 3.2.1 and test.

When you say only use game system (ruleset) selection. Does that mean 5E? I'm not connecting to any campaigns locally only when I connect to games?

The issue only happens if you open cached campaign data in Manage Characters mode. If you only open Manage Characters mode via the ruleset only, there's no extra PC data to overlap.

For versions, any changes to the first 2 numbers in the version will prevent connection, and usually represent underlying data/communication changes. For the 3rd number, you can connect, but a warning will be thrown. It is not recommended for GMs to be newer than players, since you will get errors/issues for new APIs missing. (The GM ruleset code is always used.) It's usually not as big a deal if the player is on a newer version, since almost everything is backward compatible on minor version changes.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The issue only happens if you open cached campaign data in Manage Characters mode. If you only open Manage Characters mode via the ruleset only, there's no extra PC data to overlap.
    Ok, to this question. Since I reported this problem. I have NOT opened any cached campaign data in Manage Characters mode. Or if I did, I'm not sure HOW I did.

1-I click Manage Characters.
    2-I click 5E.
    3-I EDIT a character.
    4-I sometimes export (to keep a copy on my local computer).
    5-I was waiting for 3.2.2

So while I was doing these steps. If I understand it, it should NOT duplicate a character or create further borked characters....except I came back YESTERDAY and I had a duped character (Irina again that one of the other folks reported they reproduced with my dataset).

Or is my understanding incorrect and even though I have a local managed character, when my GM has a copy in his campaign (I connect to it), it can still mixup data?

I've upgraded to 3.2.2 in the meantime.

I would stay on v3.2.2 for now. It should be released in a couple weeks, and we can avoid any scenarios I haven't thought of that might be affected by the issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Sounds good. Does the system let me know when 3.2.2 transitions back to the "Live" channel or do I need to just do a manual check every so often?

TYVM.

It doesn't automatically switch back from Test to Live, so check on it in a few weeks. We will also make an announcement in the City Hall forum when the release is done.

Regards,
    JPG

I've been playing with the last couple of revisions and I don't see any mixed up data for the most part. The only thing that I've seen "merged" is the "token" picture. I sometimes see the wrong "token" picture (as in one from another character) but everything else seems fine.

1-Just wanted to let you know there may be a slight issue left (annoyance really)
    2-Ask if I can fix that "token" picture from Manage Character somehow? (more of an OCD thing I think than a real problem).

Portrait data is not transferred on export or import, just the character data. So, you'll always need to reset the portrait after importing into a campaign.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information