DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Got all the armors entered in, however, at ID-0010 I started to get this error: Script Error: [string "common/scripts/template_WindowList.lua"]:161: copyNode: Unable to create destination node, or destination node can not be the same as or a child of the source node.

Not sure what I did wrong. I've included the XML for it...I simply copied/pasted each ID segment, changing the tag and data within it. (IE copied id-0009, pasted it, changed the tag to id-0010, and changed the relevant data).

Code:
    <id-0010>
    				<name type="string">Ley Line Walker Light Armor (TW)</name>	
    				<group type='string'>Body Armor</group>	
    				<catname type="string">Armor</catname>	
    				<areaprotected type="string">All</areaprotected>	
    				<protection type="number">3</protection>	
    				<arweight type="number">4</arweight>	
    				<cost type="string">$9,000</cost>	
    				<toughness type="number"></toughness>	
    				<strmin type="string"></strmin>
    				<armornotes type="string"></armornotes>
    				<notes type="string"></notes>
    				<text type="formattedtext"><p>Constructed from natural and magically engineered materials, this armor was originally designed for Ley Line Walkers (though anyone can wear it) so they could conceal it beneath their traditional robes. These suits provide 3 Armor; though they are not fully covering, they come with a breath mask and magical filter system that provides +4 to Vigor rolls against airborne toxins and diseases. The breathing system requires the wearer be magically or psionically active in order to function (though it costs no actual PPE or ISP). (4 lb, 9,000 credits)</p>
    				</text>
    			</id-0010>
    			<id-0011>
    				<name type="string">Ley Line Walker Medium Armor (TW)</name>	
    				<group type='string'>Body Armor</group>	
    				<catname type="string">Armor</catname>	
    				<areaprotected type="string">All</areaprotected>	
    				<protection type="number">5</protection>	
    				<arweight type="number">8</arweight>	
    				<cost type="string">$12,000</cost>	
    				<toughness type="number"></toughness>	
    				<strmin type="string"></strmin>
    				<armornotes type="string"></armornotes>
    				<notes type="string"></notes>
    				<text type="formattedtext"><p>A heavier suit for those Walkers and other casters wanting a bit more protection at the cost of being a bit more obvious. The Armor value of this suit is 5, and it provides the same mask-and-filter system as the Light version. Its bulk is a bit harder to conceal (−2 on such efforts). Filter system requires an arcane background but no Power Point cost to maintain. (8 lb, 12,000 credits)</p>
    GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

Game in Progress: AD&D 2e - Against the Zhentarim

Blog Entries
    Look at your <group type='string'> it should be ... "string" with double quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Yes, you will have to write a quick extension for that. Luckily, the Savage Worlds ruleset has an API of sorts for that type of thing.

For example, Lankhmar has a Corruption attribute. So part of my extension has the following to add it:

Code:
    function onCharAdded(nodeSource, nodeChar)
    	DerivedStatManager.registerDerivedStat("Corruption", "Corr", "corruption", "derivedstat_default", {charsheet=true, minisheet=true, npc=true})
    end
    This is a derived stat specific to a character.

GunbunnyFuFu is wanting to add a "Toughness" column to the armor list in the character sheet (post #17 above), not a new derived stat to the character.

@GunbunnyFuFu You would need to write a small extension that added "Toughness" to the armor list in the character sheet. You'd also need to adjust the relevant armor windowclass XML entries within the ruleset so that the armor details could store the toughness adjustment as well.

If you wanted to go all the way with this, you could write some additional code that adds the armor "toughness" rating to the list of additional toughness entries available to the PC when you double click on the Toughness stat (similar to the armor value available in the list when you double click on the little shield to the bottom left of the PC toughness stat).

This would all need to be done within an extension.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Ah, I totally misunderstood then. Thanks, Trenloe!

Made the change, with no change in error message. Thanks, though, I didn't change the single quote versus double quote..I looked right at it as well, and it just never registered!
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is a derived stat specific to a character.

GunbunnyFuFu is wanting to add a "Toughness" column to the armor list in the character sheet (post #17 above), not a new derived stat to the character.

@GunbunnyFuFu You would need to write a small extension that added "Toughness" to the armor list in the character sheet. You'd also need to adjust the relevant armor windowclass XML entries within the ruleset so that the armor details could store the toughness adjustment as well.

If you wanted to go all the way with this, you could write some additional code that adds the armor "toughness" rating to the list of additional toughness entries available to the PC when you double click on the Toughness stat (similar to the armor value available in the list when you double click on the little shield to the bottom left of the PC toughness stat).

This would all need to be done within an extension.
    Correct...I'd add the Toughness stat as well as the Strength Minimum stat to the Armor List, as well as the Armor reference window. I'll need to find a good primer on extensions, as while I've played with XML some, I've never played with LUA (eyes the Beginning LUA Programming book on his bookshelf). Now is as good time as any to start. Can either of you suggest a good place to start on building said extension?

Thanks for all your help so far..it has been invaluable!

GB

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Can either of you suggest a good place to start on building said extension?
    Some general reference stuff here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oreRPG-ruleset

Specific info on an extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/extensions.xcp

I've attached an example extension that gets you started. I've quickly added toughness to: Armor record, Table heading in charsheet -> Inventory -> Armor, and the row data in that table.

Note: This will work with the base Savage Worlds ruleset. It won't work with the Science Fiction companion, as that changes the armor data too. If you're using the Science Fiction companion then the XML in this text extension will need to be based on XML from the SciFi Companion extension.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe! I'll take a look at this stuff, and look at doing this for the Sci-Fi Companion, as Rifts uses stuff from there.

GB

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    ThI'll take a look at this stuff, and look at doing this for the Sci-Fi Companion, as Rifts uses stuff from there.
    The main issue you'll have here is that they are two extensions, and you want to make sure your changes don't get overridden by the SciFi companion. I specifically put a <loadorder> = 99 property in the test extension I provided. This will make it load after the SciFi companion extension (which has loadorder = 10). So you should be fine taking the updated_record_armor.xml from the SciFi companion and updating that - as long as you keep that loadorder in your extension to be greater than 10.

I would then also recommend that you make your extension dependant on the SciFi extension (just in case you forget to load it). See the <dependency> tag here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/properties.xcp

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Yeah, sadly those are encrypted due to the specific publishing license. None of the other SW settings (that I own anyway) are encrypted.
    All the new stuff released regardless of rules set is encrypted. I imagine as older stuff gets updated and pushed out it will end up encrypted as well.

Gunny,

You can also save yourself some coding and go this route as well (copy/pasted from Weird Wars Rome):

Code:
    				<chapter_001_artwork>
    					<librarylink type="windowreference">
    						<class>sw_referencetext</class>
    						<recordname>..</recordname>
    					</librarylink>
    					<name type="string">* *Artwork</name>
    					<text type="formattedtext">
    						<p></p>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-000">Front Cover</link>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-001">Image 1</link>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-002">Image 2</link>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-003">Image 3</link>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-004">Image 4</link>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-005">Image 5</link>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-006">Image 6</link>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-007">Image 7</link>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-008">Image 8</link>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-009">Image 9</link>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-010">Image 10</link>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-011">Image 11</link>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-012">Image 12</link>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="wwrimage.id-013">Rear Cover</link>
    					</text>
    				</chapter_001_artwork>
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information