Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Script Error when creating Character in New Campaign

Hi, we just started a new 5e campaign, and we are able to connect to the game; however, when trying to either add a character or import a character to the session, I receive the following error message: "Script Error: [string"campaign/scripts/charselect_add.lua"]:17: requestIdentify: Specified identity already requested"

or

"Script Error: [string"campaign/scripts/charselect_client_entry.lua]: 68: requestIdentity"Specified identity already requested"

The GM indicated that they started a new, fresh game with no extensions or no new rulesets, just a vanilla 5e game.

We are connecting through Hamachi VPN, but not sure that is related to the issue.

The GM has an Ultimate license, and I have a Lite license.

Any thoughts on how to resolve are appreciated.

We figured it out....the DM needed to update the data directory in the Settings menu to a location that allowed Read/Write access. Thanks! I'm leaving this in there to ensure anyone else that has the same issue can find this question. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Hey Whelm, welcome to the community. Glad you figured it out and also thanks for posting the solution. Always nice to help out the next one who comes through

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I realize this is an old thread but I have the same issue and the solution is not clear too me. Please advise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrschievous View Post
    I realize this is an old thread but I have the same issue and the solution is not clear too me. Please advise.
    Welcome.

Did you check permissions to your FG Data folder per the solution in post #2?

You can find the FG Data folder by clicking on the folder icon from the FG launch window.

Usually this is actually not the cause or the solution to "script errors" but you didn't really say what your problem was. Usually script errors are cause by community extensions. But we will need to know more to give you further info.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The permissions are ok.

Attached is the error log and screen shots.

I am completely new to this type of game as is the GM I was trying to game with. Earlier today, I tried to enter a game (purchased module) hosted by a FG Unity Ultimate user (the GM mentioned). I have the free version of it. I was able to enter but unable to create a character. When I clicked the add button then the error messaged appeared. The game froze on the GM side.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Welcome Mrschievous

Your issue doesnt seem to have any relevance to the original post.
    Different ruleset, different error messages and different symptoms.

We probably need to see what is happening on the GM side but unfortunately I think its probably to do with the networking issues that quite a few people are seeing on the Lobby server.

Blog Entries
    Have the GM upload similar info as to what you have uploaded please.

Interesting. When I first got the error, it stated scripting. However, when we exited and tried again that is when I captured the error logs attached. Anyway, I have been trying to get the data from the GM side but he keeps locking up/freezing at the beginning (while entering the module). Will attach as soon as possible.

Attached are the GM logs. The first is from initially trying to start the module before it locked up/crashed and the second one is right after trying to restart the game after the crash. The pattern just keeps repeating. For my side, it just sits there after connecting to the module unless I attempt the character creation then I get errors as stated before.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information