DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Effect on damage

Hi guys,

If I apply an effect [Damage +2] (for example) on a active character, I get the modified damage roll only for fighting attacks but no for ranged attacks.

Someone else?

(Core RPG 3.1.7 and SW 4.2.5)

Thanks,

Gon

Quote Originally Posted by g0ntzal View Post
    Hi guys,

If I apply an effect [Damage +2] (for example) on a active character, I get the modified damage roll only for fighting attacks but no for ranged attacks.

Someone else?

(Core RPG 3.1.7 and SW 4.2.5)

Thanks,

Gon
    That's how it was implemented, ie. Damage keyword only applies to non-ranged damage rolls
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

However, here is small sample extension that provide more effect modifier keywords such as:

• [MeleeDamage +1] -- Applies damage modifier to melee damage rolls
    • [RangedDamage +1]-- Applies damage modifier to ranged damage rolls
    • [ThrownDamage +1]-- Applies damage modifier to thrown damage rolls
    • [ArcaneDamage +1]-- Applies damage modifier to any arcane damage rolls
    • [MagicDamage +1]-- Applies damage modifier to magic-typed damage rolls
    • [PsionicsDamage +1]-- Applies damage modifier to psionics-typed damage rolls
    • [MiraclesDamage +1]-- Applies damage modifier to miracles-typed damage rolls

Adding new effect modifiers is very easy to do if you are savvy-enough to write extension

NOTE: This extension is no longer needed because these new effect keywords are included into SavageWorlds ruleset. The extension is still left here as sampler
    Last edited by Ikael; October 24th, 2016 at 18:36.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Is there a way to let players apply effects themselves or am I missing something?

Thanks so much, Ikael. You are the light into the darkness

Blog Entries
    Yeah I really wish I could figure out how to let players apply effects themselves if it's even possible. It's keeping me from fully using effects right now because if I have a big group with Arcane Background folks and players who uses a lot of tactics I have to scramble through an already cluttered screen to drag and drop effects.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    Yeah I really wish I could figure out how to let players apply effects themselves if it's even possible. It's keeping me from fully using effects right now because if I have a big group with Arcane Background folks and players who uses a lot of tactics I have to scramble through an already cluttered screen to drag and drop effects.
    Spot on. This feature would be so helpful. The SW ruleset doesn't really need much but this is top of my wishlist
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    However, here is small sample extension that provide more effect modifier keywords such as:

Adding new effect modifiers is very easy to do if you are savvy-enough to write extension
    Thanks for this! It will be really useful.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    Spot on. This feature would be so helpful. The SW ruleset doesn't really need much but this is top of my wishlist
    Unfortunately players cannot manage effects at the moment. You could add it to SW wishlist if it's still used

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post

Could the opposite be done as easily? As in adding to Toughness/Armor or Parry when defending against a type of damage? More specifically, medium and large shields add +2 to the Armor when hit by ranged attacks, can it be done in code as an effect?

Thread Information