5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

The Broken Mountains

Hello, folks. Since the shelfing of my previous adventure design (A Villainous Tale), I have been working on and building an exciting new adventure called The Broken Mountains. This good-aligned adventure is during the war between two nations across the ruined homeland of the dwarves.

I need 3-6 players for this adventure who fulfill the appropriate qualifications below. If you are interested, you can contact me at [email protected]

Adventure Specs

The adventure will span approximately 7-13 encounters. About fifty to seventy percent of these encounters are tailored, and the rest are somewhat random with a little tailoring. Each adventure has features that permit content from resources outside the core rulebooks, such as supplement books.

Note: These encounters are not considered 'battles'. An encounter can be anything. It could be entering a town, or meeting a new NPC, or finding an item.

Featured Prestige Class: Dread Commando

- In order to catalogue the prestige class to your character's history, your character must meet and associate (through conversation or cooperation) with the NPC or PC trained in the featured prestige class. Once it is catalogued, your character may take the prestige class when he or she has fulfilled the prerequisites for it.

- I tend to feature a prestige class every two adventures. (The original featured class for the sequel to A Villainous Tale - The City of Seven Kings - was going to be the Dirgesinger from Libris Mortis.) Since this technically counts as my 2nd adventure, I decided to feature one.

Featured Feats: Mounted Mobility, Shield Wall

- A featured feat only needs to be featured in a past or current adventure for it to be taken (if the prerequisites are met). I tend to feature one or two feats per adventure.

Featured Spells: Resounding Voice, Battlefield Illumination

- A featured spell works just like feats. It needs to be featured in a past or current adventure to be taken if the prerequisites are met. I tend to feature one or two spells per adventure.

Why I Introduce Supplement Material This Way
    There are a few reasons why supplement material is not completely applied. For one, the world is constantly advancing through new discoveries, and this extra material is treated as part of those discoveries. Another reason is that I don't really like anything from supplement books. They are meant to rip people off, they drastically change the style of play, and I have to list all the material for players who don't have it.

Qualifications

- Session times are Fridays and Sundays at 6-10 pm MST. A session will consist of one to two encounters.

- Roleplaying is a requirement. You have to be able to roleplay decently. If your a wizard and have 18 int but act stupid all the time, this ain't yer game.

- Maturity: You must behave like a mature gamer. No whining about not being able to play your favorite prestige class, no temper tantrums because you didn't get a fair share of treasure, and no insults. Arguments are fine as long as they are controlled. The first "Well that's because your stupid." will result in immediate kicking.

- Attendence: Keep in mind that when you are absent from a session, that encounter cannot be played and is instead replaced with a session of roleplaying between the available player characters. Please plan ahead. If you are going to be consistently absent in the near future, try joining the next adventure when you have more time. If you are absent consistently in an adventure, your character will have 'fallen behind' in order to continue propelling the game foreward.

(Note: As frustrating as this might be to players not at fault, this is important because a single player character influences the encounter both positively and/or negatively. An absense would dramatically change the situation for better or worse.)

Room Setup

You will be able to connect to the server using the unique alias: ugly idol firm zone
    Additional house rules will be provided there.

I may or may not respond immediately to your arrival as I might be working on something for the adventure (or refilling my coffee). If I catch you in there, I will share the house rules and adventure specs sheet for you to look at.

This adventure takes place in my own custom world which was designed back in 1999 and revised by merging another world with it and resetting the timeline from the very beginning. All my adventures will take place in this same world.

Please show up on a weekday anytime between 5:00 pm and 10:00 pm to arrange character generation if you are interested. Evil characters that were created in A Villainous Tale will not be permitted in this campaign, although they can be scrapped for name-reuse.

Whew... That's all of it. I hope I get more than one or two players after all of this still.

EDIT:

a. The server is no longer up constantly to wait for players. It'll be up whenever I get an e-mail someone is interested. (Due to lack of interest)

b. Changes made above will be colored blue.

c. A little bit I wanted to add was that this is just one adventure. There will be many more adventures and your characters can carry on in them. I don't tie adventures together in a large campaign anymore because the scope is far too vast to accomodate every player's level of dedication. People will quit and the story will be left unfinished. To still give the commited players a much more vast and lengthly tale, I will occasionally run Multi-Part Adventures - which are explained in my house rules.

d. I have been getting many requests from people who want to join this adventure. Unfortunately, I cannot invite anyone when the adventure is already in progress. However, this adventure (despite how many chapters posted) is nearly halfway complete and another is planned for sometime in November. There is already is a queue of people who want to join who will be contacted first.

Server is not going to be up today (Wednesday Sept 14/05) between 5 pm MST and 8 pm MST. However, it will be up between now (2:30 pm MST) and 5 pm MST, and also between 8 pm MST to 10 pm MST.

Tomorrow (Thursday Sept 15/05) will follow the same time status. 5-10 pm MST. The first session will be Friday at 6 pm MST.

There is still room for 4 players. If your interested, drop by so you can put together a character sheet.

I still need one more player before we can begin, otherwise we have to postpone until Sunday. If the times are too inconvenient, they are negotiable.

A few things I forgot to mention in my first post, this is a Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Edition adventure. Therefore we're using the 3.5 edition rules.

There is room for four more players, but I need a minimum of one more before Friday in order to start. The maps are all prepared and readied, (note: I only generate tactical maps between encounters since the journey could go anywhere).

If your interested, please drop by the server between 5 and 10 pm MST. That's 7 to 12 EST. Or send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Definitely interested in joining...

...and the timing is perfect. I'm available for start times ranging from about 6:30pm EST to 12am EST (4:30pm to 10pm MST).

I haven't used FG before, so...be warned. hehe
    Wanna Play? Yes Wanna DM? Not yet Best days to play: Most
    Best time to play: 6:30pm to 12:00am My Time Zone? GMT -5 (EST)
    Games: Anything \"Dungeons & Dragons\"

Ah... Well, not sure if you were the one that e-mailed me or not. If not that makes two.

I'll still run with only two players, but the concern falls on the difficulty. While I do not plan battle encounters until I have the players, in order to keep things within realistic bounds, there's a minimum encounter difficulty and a maximum encounter difficulty (which is why it's for 3-6 players).

For example, a pack of wolves is going to be pack-sized (can't remember the exact size off-hand at the moment). Why on earth would there be less than that?

If you haven't used FG before, do not worry. They've made it incredibly easy, and what you can appreciate about it is that it's not heavily automated like PCGen. That's right. You can put practically anything you want in there. You don't have to spend hours and hours adding special prestige classes to list files, or other junk like that.

This Friday (September 30th), I will have my FG server up and running starting 4 pm MST in case you want to get a character sheet done up (or even some roleplay if there's enough players). Anyone else interested is welcome to join.

Edit: I'm not really getting my hopes up about this. Although many people have said there are more players than DMs, that hasn't proven true thus far for me yet. If less than two people show on friday, I probably won't be running at all.

Edit: Y'know... Maybe I can keep bumping this topic up by posting lore about the world. It'll consistently renew my undying hope of running this adventure, AND it'll keep it advertised until I get enough players.

Re: The Broken Mountains

Alkaven,

I just pointed folks here out from the poll, I hope that is ok.

I figured, I'ld try to provide the feedback it seems like you want. Here goes my main points.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaven
    The adventure will span approximately 7-13 encounters. About fifty to seventy percent of these encounters are tailored, and the rest are somewhat random with a little tailoring. Each adventure has features that permit content from resources outside the core rulebooks, such as supplement books.
    I like a long term committment.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaven
    - Session times are Fridays and Sundays at 6-10 pm MST. A session will consist of one to two encounters.
    Wrong time zone and twice a week is rough.

Ok, that's it. I wish you best!

Later.
    Ramza
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Long-Term commitments to campaigns are still welcome. Your epic story might unfold over a series of adventures. If I end up with 4 players who want to keep playing after the adventure is over, I'll run a multi-part adventure that will favoritize them (so to speak).

As for the time-zone problem, I can't really help that. Um.... I did say the time is flexible and negotiable I believe.

Sorry bout the lateness (and the mistake of posting this in the tavern). It's Friday (Semptember 30). The room is open and my firewall is temporarily down. I have to put it back up shortly, but you should still be able to connect.

How stupid of me...

Here I am looking for a game ... and I'm using the Demo that can't be used in any real gaming situations (since there's next to no one active with a Demo).

Sorry mate, guess I'll have to get back to ya in the future if I ever get FG (without being able to test it, which seems rather stupid to me).
    Wanna Play? Yes Wanna DM? Not yet Best days to play: Most
    Best time to play: 6:30pm to 12:00am My Time Zone? GMT -5 (EST)
    Games: Anything \"Dungeons & Dragons\"

k, well it doesn't look like anyone is going to show, so I'm going to shelf it again until someone else becomes interested.

Thread Information