5E Character Create Playlist
Page 10 of 17 First ... 89101112 ... Last

This is a phenomenal extension! It makes my job SO much easier!

Hello, I have enjoyed using your crit mod, but I am coming to a situation that makes it over-kill. In my case I have someone cast a spell that does 4d6 damage. On a crit it calculates 4d6 as all 6's, then rolls the rest of the 4 d6s. That rolls a minimum of 36 damage (if the rest of the d6's are 1's), id there a way to have multiple die from one source be configured to half of them being d6? I probably wouldn't have noticed, except that the group is only level 3 and it turns into one hit kills on a crit during the game with CR 2 enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Darkstone View Post
    Hello, I have enjoyed using your crit mod, but I am coming to a situation that makes it over-kill. In my case I have someone cast a spell that does 4d6 damage. On a crit it calculates 4d6 as all 6's, then rolls the rest of the 4 d6s. That rolls a minimum of 36 damage (if the rest of the d6's are 1's), id there a way to have multiple die from one source be configured to half of them being d6? I probably wouldn't have noticed, except that the group is only level 3 and it turns into one hit kills on a crit during the game with CR 2 enemies.
    First...Thanks!

Second, by rule, a critical without the extension enabled would deal 4d6 normal damage and 4d6 critical damage, so you'd already be rolling 8d6.

That said, I'm not entirely sure I know what you are asking for "multiple die from one source being configured to half of them being d6". If you could give an example given your spell attack that would be helpful. But also know that there are weapons like greatswords that do 2d6 damage so whatever you come up with for your 4d6 example would likely affect that too...

Did you mean something like Spell does 4d6. Currently, a crit = (max(4d6) = 24) + 4d6. "New" crit = (max(2d6) = 12) + 6d6?

That would make the damage range as follows:

No extension = 8-48
    Current Extension = 28-48
    Desired = 18-48

This would affect the greatsword crit as well to be 9-24 instead of 14-24.

Of course, you could always set the option to not max anything before you cast spells like that one and then it would act like no extension.
    Last edited by TheoGeek; March 24th, 2020 at 01:06.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    First...Thanks!

Second, by rule, a critical without the extension enabled would deal 4d6 normal damage and 4d6 critical damage, so you'd already be rolling 8d6.

That said, I'm not entirely sure I know what you are asking for "multiple die from one source being configured to half of them being d6". If you could give an example given your spell attack that would be helpful. But also know that there are weapons like greatswords that do 2d6 damage so whatever you come up with for your 4d6 example would likely affect that too...

Did you mean something like Spell does 4d6. Currently, a crit = (max(4d6) = 24) + 4d6. "New" crit = (max(2d6) = 12) + 6d6?

That would make the damage range as follows:

No extension = 8-48
    Current Extension = 28-48
    Desired = 18-48

This would affect the greatsword crit as well to be 9-24 instead of 14-24.

Of course, you could always set the option to not max anything before you cast spells like that one and then it would act like no extension.
    My error, I was looking at it wrong. Thanks for the quick response and I still really do like this extension :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Darkstone View Post
    My error, I was looking at it wrong. Thanks for the quick response and I still really do like this extension :-)
    No worries! I like the feedback and am always looking for ways to improve it!

Does this extension work in Unity?

Quote Originally Posted by LeoKeros View Post
    Does this extension work in Unity?
    I just did a quick test and it worked for a critical attack. I didn't try all the options though.

Just updated (based on a request) with a new option to basically remove critical damage dice entirely if you want.

Description in the first post!

I just got this when rolling critical damage, and even though the dice rolled, no results came out in the chat window.

Script Error: [string "scripts/ImprovedCritical.lua"]:217: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)Improved.PNG

Thread Information