5E Character Create Playlist
Page 9 of 17 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Thanks for all the feedback!

I just uploaded 2.3 which should be the last one for a while as it works as expected now, and the code is pretty cleaned up.

I added a new option as well.

Combat Settings -> Improved Critical -> Show die rolls for targets [First only | Crit immune | All ] - Defaults to "First only"
    Note: This setting is only useful when multiple targets are critically hit in one attack and there is a mix of crit immune and non-crit immune targets. Mainly, this is to help the DM understand what happens if "Max if target has critical immunity" is set to "No" since that setting will override maxxing and roll damage for targets that are immune to critical damage, which makes the damage done to a critical immune target different from the displayed roll for non critical immune targets.
    - First only = Only display the damage roll for the first target hit (this is the normal Fantasy Grounds behavior)
    - Crit immune = Display the die roll for the first target hit and all crit immune targets
    - All = Display the die rolls for all targets hit

Let me know what you think and if you'd like anything new added...I'll get to it as I have time.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. This is one of the few extensions I use all the time. Appreciate it

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Thanks. This is one of the few extensions I use all the time. Appreciate it
    Here here! (Ditto)

Uploaded version 2.3a to address a bug I reported in the 5E ruleset. Consider it a "test" version, but you can always revert back to the standard 5E method by setting the new option "Temporary calculation fix" to "Off".

This bug is on the radar but most of the development time is being spent on Unity (which is a good thing), so I don't know the timeline for getting this fixed in the ruleset.

So, please test this out and let me know if you see any errors.

Thanks!

Is the 2.3a supposed to be standalone? If so, it doesn't pop up on my fantasy grounds, whereas if I use the 2.3 regular, the extension shows up.
    Not sure how to troubleshoot that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosamer View Post
    Is the 2.3a supposed to be standalone? If so, it doesn't pop up on my fantasy grounds, whereas if I use the 2.3 regular, the extension shows up.
    Not sure how to troubleshoot that.
    Man, thanks a ton! Extensions are simply renamed ZIP files...the 2.3a I uploaded was a RAR file. I uploaded the correct version and verified that it works.

And yes, it is supposed to be standalone, just like the others.

Not sure if this was coverd already, but I am working on my own little Critical System. My version basically modifies the Crit/Fumble Tables that you can enable in the 5e options instead of normal crits. As far as I understand that Module it can roll the result "CRITICAL HIT", which means the critical is rolled normally, or roll on a Table for some fun effects. Is this Extension also working if I enable this Module or do they conflict?

A second question (which was what brought me here in the 1st place. My Tables have serveral results that state "Do 2x Damage" and a Damage-Table, with some special effects and "Do 1,5x Damage". I'm currently trying to implement that in some way, my Idea was that the Damage Table act's a a normal Critical Hit (eg. you get the extra die of that weapon/attack) while the 2x uses maxed out hitdice.
    Therefore my question would be, if it would be possible to do some neat command-snippet for my tables that trigger a normal critical hit (eg. normally this extension would be off) and another one that turns it on for the "2x Damge result" (temporary set this extension here to "On" for that attack)

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroshe View Post
    Not sure if this was coverd already, but I am working on my own little Critical System. My version basically modifies the Crit/Fumble Tables that you can enable in the 5e options instead of normal crits. As far as I understand that Module it can roll the result "CRITICAL HIT", which means the critical is rolled normally, or roll on a Table for some fun effects. Is this Extension also working if I enable this Module or do they conflict?

A second question (which was what brought me here in the 1st place. My Tables have serveral results that state "Do 2x Damage" and a Damage-Table, with some special effects and "Do 1,5x Damage". I'm currently trying to implement that in some way, my Idea was that the Damage Table act's a a normal Critical Hit (eg. you get the extra die of that weapon/attack) while the 2x uses maxed out hitdice.
    Therefore my question would be, if it would be possible to do some neat command-snippet for my tables that trigger a normal critical hit (eg. normally this extension would be off) and another one that turns it on for the "2x Damge result" (temporary set this extension here to "On" for that attack)
    1) The improved critical extension works with the built in crit/fumble tables, so it should work with any crit/fumble table.

2) I think there was a similar question asked before, but I don't think tables work that way. I could be wrong, but I'm the wrong person to ask. I think it would be pretty cool to tie this into a crit table, so if you figure it out, post back!

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroshe View Post
    Extensions are loaded when the campaign is loaded. You can't switch an extension on or off; if it is loaded then it is 'on' until you exit the campaign and deselect it. Of course the extension can have options built into it which could switch parts of it on or off - depending on what it does.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Extensions are loaded when the campaign is loaded. You can't switch an extension on or off; if it is loaded then it is 'on' until you exit the campaign and deselect it. Of course the extension can have options built into it which could switch parts of it on or off - depending on what it does.
    Hey Zacchaeus!

So, the extension wouldn't need to be enabled or disabled, but if the table handler can manipulate the extension's options, or call other functions, Astaroshe could achieve any desired effect.

There are a couple of ways that my extension can facilitate this:

1) If the table can execute code that would set the Improved Critical option "Dice to Maximize" to one of [Damage, Crit, Both, None], then the table results could be written to control how the criticals work and no change to the extension is necessary.

2) If options cannot be changed by a script, I could write wrapper functions to do the same things that could be executed by the table code

I've not tried this before so I don't know how table handlers can or can't execute other scripts.

Thanks!

Thread Information