FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 17 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    I got the extension after Beeman answered and tried it out. it does what I was wanting I was assuming most weapons only had one damage(yeah I wasn't thinking it all the way through) die and it would add one to it. to prevent at snake eyes roll and at least do more than the normal damage possible I was wanting one of the die to max the other to roll normally as you pointed out that can be done or you can max both. thank you for your reply, Theo, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrin View Post
    to prevent at snake eyes roll and at least do more than the normal damage possible
    This is exactly why I wrote that extension. Although as a DM it was kinda hilarious to see someone roll two 1s after a sweet crit, I felt for my players. I thought that this was a good balance between guaranteeing at least max normal weapon damage but not automatically doubling the damage.

Thanks for checking the extension out - hope you enjoy it!

Half-Orc Brutal Attacks does the following:
    When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon's damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit.
    In this case the extra damage shouldn't be a part of the critical damage, I would think. With improved critical on, a lvl 1 Orc Barbarian does a minimum of 25 dmg + STR bonus on a crit.
    You can fix that by turning off Use Effect Dice and adding an effect (DMG: 1d12 slashing, critical, melee) but then the Rogue doesnt get the extra damage on a sneak attack.
    I am just wondering if there is a way to code around this?

Quote Originally Posted by kjbrona View Post
    Half-Orc Brutal Attacks does the following:

In this case the extra damage shouldn't be a part of the critical damage, I would think. With improved critical on, a lvl 1 Orc Barbarian does a minimum of 25 dmg + STR bonus on a crit.
    You can fix that by turning off Use Effect Dice and adding an effect (DMG: 1d12 slashing, critical, melee) but then the Rogue doesnt get the extra damage on a sneak attack.
    I am just wondering if there is a way to code around this?
    Thanks for the reply!

So, for the case of a half orc with a greatsword, a critical hit should cause this damage:

greatsword regular damage (2d6) + greatsword critical damage (2d6) + extra critical damage (1d6)

The extension gives the following options for raw weapon damage (excluding bonuses for strength, etc.):

1. No maxxing (2d6 + 2d6 + d6) = 5-30 damage
    2. Max weapon damage (12 + 2d6 + d6) = 15 - 30 damage
    3. Max critical damage (2d6 + 12 + 6) = 20 - 30 damage
    4. Max both (12 + 12 + 6) = 30 damage
    5. Remove critical damage: (2d6) = 2-12 damage
    6. Ignore critical if target immune: (2d6) = 2-12 damage

Some options can be stacked (like 6 and 2 to give 12 damage).

Fantasygrounds considers the extra die from a savage attack as critical damage because it is only rolled on a critical hit, which is consistent with the rules, and makes crit immune characters only take the normal weapon damage of 2d6 (maxxed or not depending on options).

To achieve this, don't add an effect, rather, on the "Actions" tab of the character sheet, there is a magnifying glass next to the "Weapons" heading. Click that, and you'll see a "Extra Crit Dice" section. For melee, make it whatever your bonus is so, for our half-orc example, a 1st level half-orc would put a "1" in the melee box.)

The above example is achieved by setting the extra melee crit dice to 1.

My extension handles it properly then.

Unless there's a bug and you are seeing something different - if so, I'd like to know!

Thanks!
    Jeff.

OK, so I have a really low rent version of exploding dice implemented in a "test" version of this extension. And by "low rent", I mean there are really no bells and whistles - no extra die rolling graphics, etc. The exploded dice are shown in the display of the final roll, and there is some text about the extra damage that resulted, but nothing super awesome.

Would you all like to hammer on it and give feedback? I can upload the "exploding test" version if there is interest.

Thanks!
    Jeff.

Oh boy, exploding dice?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadcast Bard View Post
    Oh boy, exploding dice?
    hehe...yeah

Right now, it's a menu option to enable or disable, and it currently affects both critical and damage dice, but it also obeys the other settings like target critical immunity, maxxing, etc. So, if you have the options set to max normal damage on a critical and also have exploding dice on, then the only way a dice explodes is if the native roll was the maximum for the die type - in other words, maxxing damage does not automatically cause a dice to explode, it must be naturally max before the improved critical overrides it.

Great extension TheoGeek - thanks.

Are you / is anyone aware of an extension that could roll the equivalent of ADVANTAGE dice for damage? E.g. a weapon usually does 1d8 damage - this would roll 2d8dl or ,two-d8 and drop lowest'. There is a feat in the AiME ruleset based on 5E that has this mechanic and I haven't found anyone who has developed anything. Thanks in advance all!

Quote Originally Posted by kerrigaj View Post
    Great extension TheoGeek - thanks.

Are you / is anyone aware of an extension that could roll the equivalent of ADVANTAGE dice for damage? E.g. a weapon usually does 1d8 damage - this would roll 2d8dl or ,two-d8 and drop lowest'. There is a feat in the AiME ruleset based on 5E that has this mechanic and I haven't found anyone who has developed anything. Thanks in advance all!
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with an extension that provides that mechanic. Sounds cool though...I might have to check out adding that and renaming this extension to "Improved Damage"

at the current version of FGU, which i updated today after the latest patch. the dice calculation is not working correctly.
    in the first attachment is the manual roll view.
    and in the second the result.
    if i count the dice it should be a total of 26 dmg, but it only calculates 19.

hope you can help with this problem.
    for the rest it is a great extension
    roll statement.PNG
    output roll.PNG

Thread Information