DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Code Monkey Publishing and The Sunless Citadel

Well all, it's been a long while coming with lots of hoops to jump through, organs to grind (take that however you like :twisted: ), and banana bribery, but it's finally (almost) here!

The 1st Wizards of the Coast Module in Fantasy Grounds!!!

The Sunless Citadel is a huge, pretty pretty, module.

Prepared by Thore Ironrock and his Digital Adventures team, it's a solid piece of work, you can bank that!

There's only one item that needs to be completed before it's officially released, but that will happen over this weekend, and we expect it for a Monday release at the latest, but it available for Preorder now from our webstore here !!!
    W. Robert Reed III
    Mynex
    - #1 Evil Monkey
    - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
    - El Mono Calvo Malvado

Huz-feakin-ZAH!

My party is about halfway through Sunless Citadel and I've been dreading drawing the lower portion of the dungeon (it's huge, my map skills are meager, then I have to retype all the rooms, etc etc etc).

Monday morning you say? Hmmm. . . game night is tonight. . . hope they don't progress too far.

*runs off giddily for his credit card*

{EDIT}

You have a preorder page? Even better. Insert tons of thankyous here.

It's out!

It's released now... so have at it.

(Forge of Fury is next in the qeue btw. )
    W. Robert Reed III
    Mynex
    - #1 Evil Monkey
    - El Mono Calvo Malvado

Re: It's out!

Quote Originally Posted by CMP Mynex

Or queue, as the case may be

I'm DLing right now, Thanks Mynex!

Re: It's out!

Quote Originally Posted by Illrigger
    Quote Originally Posted by CMP Mynex

Or queue, as the case may be

I'm DLing right now, Thanks Mynex!
    Bah! Splleign! Who needs it!

I blame my wireless keyboard battery! Yea! That's the ticket! :P
    W. Robert Reed III
    Mynex
    - #1 Evil Monkey
    - El Mono Calvo Malvado

This is a BEAUTIFUL product, and really shows off both the module and the capabilities of FG. It's a new standard to be lived up to. Thore and crew are to be commended for their work here, as as the monkeys at CMP who did the original conversion. WELL worth the $7.50.

One question, for Thore or anyone else who can answer: how can I make this work in the D20-SRD ruleset? It only shows up on the D20 set.

-Jeremy

You're still a step ahead of me. I just downloaded it this morning, but can't find the option in 1.05c to load a module. I can switch campaigns easily, but there's no "module" option.

*scratches head furiously, pick out nit, tosses into fire*

That should be an option on the page where I load the current "campaign" right?

Because I'm looking at that screen, and not seeing a module option with the module freshly installed. Take a look-see yourself. . .

Bah, nevermind. Found the option in-game.

Well done to the programmers, but if I may, I have *one* critique.

The Player-view map of the Citadel level. I was about to start masking this, but I notice that in the round entrance room, the "secret door" is HUGE and marked with a big red "S".

My options for unmasking this room (that in my campaign, the players have already been through) means I either have to not show them this wall, or I have to let them "see" the secret door.

When I drew this map for my own use with players, I simply didn't add that door on their map. That way, I'm able to umask all the way to the wall. *I* still see and know about the secret room, but I'm also able to show the players that, as far as they know, it's a blank wall at first glance.

I can do quickie screenshots of that section of wall and the room beyond if you like. It might better illustrate my point.

Yeah this a problem with a straight translation in a game where you can show a map directly to the players. I know alot of FG adventures include a seperate player's map that doesn't have secret doors and also has a pixel space or so between a room and secret door room for masking options.

You could probably load the map into Photoshop and cpoy the texture from the nearest floor tile over the S part that is in the room. Then zoom in real close and pixel by pixel fix the wall. I realize thats a pain.

The only other option is to redo the whole map or give your players a blank pane and let them draw the map by hand.

Agreed, but I'm hoping it was just an oversight.

For example, the traps have been removed from the Player-view map (but show up on the GM map). I didn't have time to compare/contrast against the Interactive Adventures module this morning, and while you're right, I can spend some time this morning editing the player-view Citadel Level map, it would be nice if the gang at CMP and Digital Adventures would make the edit in the module so that I don't have to. The product is 98% perfect, but if I have to spend all this time re-editing the maps, I'll just go back to drawing my own. . . which is what I wanted to avoid.

Anyhow, just one critique, perhaps a future revision of the module will resolve this, or perhaps they'll keep it in mind for future modules (Forge of Fury anyone? )

Thread Information