DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 25 First ... 71516171819 ... Last

Ken L, thanks for continuing your wonderful work on this tool. I had forgotten you were doing this, and I take back my snide remark the other day about you not sharing your work. Forgive me, please.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    So, any chance with this new update you added the class to modifier. i.e Cleric=Wis or SLA=Cha?
    Or is that done with the 'SpellManager'

Madman..
    It doesn't have contextual class/mod connections. I don't really want to have to update or manage a database/massive-crappy-array of class/mod connections. Contextual information like that will have a huge number of exceptions and special cases, the main goal here was to have it reach the base spell to populate the entry for the GM, who can think contextually. That's why metas are done in the way they are.

Update 1.75: Bug fix of 1.7
    - Fixed Subscript/Superscript bug where if a spell name had subscripts it didn't strip them off properly to get at the base spell name. Some may have noticed that if the spell had UM/APG/UC/UI or some odd it wouldn't "find" the spell. This is what was up.
    - Fixed Unnecessary retries removed for XML look up. Prior if a spell name didn't exist it would exhaust all 5 'safe' retries before giving up. This was due to a naming error on the escape condition. This would have made loading NPCs with multiple unknown spells process slower.
    - Changed Psychic magic will now use the 'Psionic' caster type as I forgot FG has this casting class. It will sum all 'pools' of 'Psychic Magic' together into a singular pool. A vast majority of creatures with psychic magic only have 1 PE pool to cast from (ie 27 PE -- <various spells here>) but in-case there is the rare dual or multi-pool Psychic Magic user, then it will simply sum their pools together. Each spell will have the appropriate PE cost per cast so FG will tally up PE use.

See the Git Hub for the freshest update.
    Last edited by Ken L; December 30th, 2017 at 16:40.

Update 1.76: Bug fix of 1.7 (Spontaneous Sorcerers)
    - Fixed There was an error if it parsed a sorcerer if it had any 0th level or 'at-will' spells. This is mainly due to a change in piping for counting spells-per-level that was needed for psionics. Didn't realize it broke an earlier behavior. This small fix resolves it.

Given this hidden bug, If there any other bugs, drop a message and I can take a look at it next weekend. I've run a good amount of the beastiary 5/6 heavy casters through it now, but given the piping change, it may act up, mainly for casters with strange layouts.

See the Git Hub for the freshest update.

Man, KenL, thanks a lot....

New to FG and extensions

I can't make this work... how do you "rename the .zip extension to a .ext, and put it in your extension folder" ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tash View Post
    New to FG and extensions

I can't make this work... how do you "rename the .zip extension to a .ext, and put it in your extension folder" ?
    Welcome!

I'm guessing that file extensions are not being shown in your Windows Explorer? To turn on their display, (depending upon your version of Windows) you will want to want to uncheck the Folder Options (typically found in the View menu) that says something like "Hide extensions for known file types".

You will then see the extensions on your files, and this one will be something like extension.zip, just do a right mouse rename and change it to .mod.

To find your extensions folder, start FG, in the corner is a folder icon, click it, this will open up your FG Data folder, inside of their will be a folder (create it if needed) called "extensions". Just move the folder into their, exit and restart FG.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for quick reply LordEntrails. I can now change the zip to .ext. I end up with a CreatureGen.ext file of 40 KB in the FG extension folder by following this steps.. "just download the repository as a zip, extract the folder 'CreatureGen-master' , rename it 'CreatureGen', re-zip just that folder (not the outer), rename the .zip extension to a .ext, and put it in your extension folder)" but it's not working

You have to make sure there are no subdirectories before the extension.xml file in the zip file, when you dload the zip it creates a zip file with a directory of CreatureGen-Master, you have to unzip that directory and zip it up again without the directory structure by selecting all files and folders in that directory and adding them to a zip by right clicking and selecting send to > Compressed (zipped) folder called CreatureGen.zip and renaming THAT zip file to .ext and move it into your extensions directory

thanks Erin it is working now.. but only for PFRPG :/

Thread Information