FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 25 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    damned Thanks that worked!

This is simply put, an amazing tool that will save me time and headaches. Thank you!
    Last edited by gagsmith; February 27th, 2017 at 23:24. Reason: omitted a word

With the latest updates to FG and the new look to the in game windows I can't seem to get this to work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by KhybersGhost View Post
    With the latest updates to FG and the new look to the in game windows I can't seem to get this to work anymore.
    New look to windows? Still look the same in 3.3.0. They only made small adjustments to the character sheet, nothing that should affect the creature gen.

Just tried to import a statblock, and still works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KhybersGhost View Post
    If you're using an older version, from months ago, I released an update to handle the 3.3 change. Download the latest version of Cgen and try that.

Thanks! Didn't see the update. Works great. Really appreciate all the work you've put into this invaluable tool!

Testet it with the Monster Advancer from d20pfsrd. Works like a charm Little bit adjusting of course because of spacing and stuff but its working, brilliant. Thank you for your work <3

Ken and Damned,

I realize this is almost a certainty to be user error, but I'm having a similar issue described earlier installing the extension.

I am using Win 10 and have downloaded the zip, extracted, zipped and changed the filename extension as described in post 2, subsequently ensuring that I only rezipped the files

.gitignore
    \cgen
    CONTRIBUITORS
    extension.xml
    LICENSE
    README.md

and rename .zip as .ext

When that failed, I took the unzipped folder and placed directly in my extension directory.....I still cant seem to fine the CreatureGen extension to select.
    I cant for the life of me figure out where Im falling down on something that appears so simple! Any other suggestions before I say mean things to my dog? Maybe an unpacking utility other than the built in Windows file explore utility?

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    I am using Win 10 and have downloaded the zip, extracted, zipped and changed the filename extension as described in post 2, subsequently ensuring that I only rezipped the files
    The red is probably where you went wrong. When you look at the zipped folder using windows, you should see several files inside the zip, but my guess is that you instead see a folder inside the zip file and inside that folder are the files that should be one layer up.

To properly zip files using most (retarded) zip programs, what you have to do is select all the files in the package and then zip those using the windows right-click zipper (don't use other zip programs).

Once you do that, verify there is only one layer of files in the zip and then rename the zip with 'ext' in place of zip, place the ext into your extensions folder, and you will be in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    The red is probably where you went wrong. When you look at the zipped folder using windows, you should see several files inside the zip, but my guess is that you instead see a folder inside the zip file and inside that folder are the files that should be one layer up.

To properly zip files using most (retarded) zip programs, what you have to do is select all the files in the package and then zip those using the windows right-click zipper (don't use other zip programs).

Once you do that, verify there is only one layer of files in the zip and then rename the zip with 'ext' in place of zip, place the ext into your extensions folder, and you will be in business.

Thanks for taking the time to respond - but pretty sure Im doing what you describe ...here is the screen shot of the zip file (before I rename with the ext extension, showing what is including in the packed file - all at the root level.

Thread Information