DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Ultramodern5 Suggestions

So obviously Ultramodern5 from Dias Ex Machina works on the 5e system and is actually a really well done supplement, but are there any ideas how I can implement this into the 5e ruleset? How can I run this modern game with the 5e ruleset? I think the biggest and initial hurdle is the fact there really is no altering the character sheet so its impossible to change the skill names. I guess as I sit here and type this out thats really the only hurdle so suggestions would be welcomed with open arms and sloppy kisses

If you want to change any of the character sheet there will be some level of change to the 5E ruleset. To change skills is probably one of the simplest changes - there is a skilldata table in the 5E ruleset scripts\data_common.lua file - you can change this to reflect the skill list you want. Best to do it in an extension. Info on modifying a ruleset here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-PFRPG-ruleset This is for the 3.5E/PFRPG ruleset, but is 95% relevant to 5E - just replace any occurrences of 3.5E or PFRPG with 5E.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Does it explain in that thread how to make extensions out of the changes because Im such an FG back end idiot. Im happy I got to parse to work

Blog Entries
    Or, you can leave the default skills on the list and just have every player add the Ultramodern skills. Not ideal, but would get you up and running now rather than in a few weeks or months.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Hey Redemption77 crack open just about any extension and see how they are put together... Trenloe has pointed you directly to the file that contains the data you want to replace with your extension.

Blog Entries
    Redemption, there is an extension tutorial on www.fg-con.com that you can do just to get your feet wet. I think there are several others around as well. Walk through one of those just so you get a feel for what's going on. Then you can start to tackle this one and if you get stuck people around here are sure to help you out.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Try the attached extension UltraModern5.ext - copy it to your <FG App Data>\extensions directory and enable the "UltraModern5" extension in a 5E campaign.

This simply adds the 4 new skills: Computer Use, Demolitions, Engineering and Sciences.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And Trenloe to the fore once again.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    Nice work Trenloe.

Hi guys!
    I've tried the extension and is working great!
    Just one thing isn't working properly...when I click on the link for the ability description, it returns me this error:

"Unable to open window using wildcard link, because no module containing that link is open. Check your active Library modules."

Now, I have a custom module where I had defined the new skills, formatted as all other abilities...how can I "reference" the links of the skills to my custom module?

Many thanks for the great work!

Thread Information