DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    If you do not buy the individual ip option It will not work.
    that expains my issues! lol getting that xD *crosses fingers it will FINALLY work*

Blog Entries
    Hi BasiliskOnline the instructions I posted for building your own server are technical
    Hamachi (free) is limited to 5 total participants but there is a nice trick.
    Create two networks - you will be in both - but give the details of network one to half the group and network two to the other half!

FG Con 9 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 14-16 2016
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

And they'll both be able to interact? i see. Im steadily making my way to that as I cant get this to work at all.

SUCCESS. A BEAUTIFUL GREEN SUCCESS! PRAY FOR ME AND ALL THE HOPES IN THE WORLD THAT I NEVER HAVE TO RETURN TO THIS THREAD! xD

Seriously, though, thank you to all of you for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by BasiliskOnline View Post
    SUCCESS.
    What? Where? Who? How?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    SUCCESS. A BEAUTIFUL GREEN SUCCESS! PRAY FOR ME AND ALL THE HOPES IN THE WORLD THAT I NEVER HAVE TO RETURN TO THIS THREAD! xD

Seriously, though, thank you to all of you for your help!
    You have to at least say what was successful so we can settle the internal bet on who gave the best advice. Damned normally wins but the rest of us are eternally hopeful.

Blog Entries
    hahaha - my bet is it was your advice as he mentions green success and Hamachi wont give that.

If you do not buy the individual ip option It will not work.

I just edted the first post so that it would be easily found by people in the same boat as me. but basically my journey is as follows:

1. Find a VPN, my first attempt directed me to NordVPN, they however couldnt help me, and so i asked for my money back and moved on. Myrdin Potter suggested PureVPN, so before I entered into any sort of purchase with them I contacted their customer service department (via onsite chat client) and asked them the following:

"I am looking to run peer-to-peer gaming that needs inbound TCP communications on port 1802, because I am operate from a coworking space that cannot facilitate that, it was suggested I look into a VPN, is that something your company can facilitate?"

Feel free to copy and paste that for your own use if you want. (Thanks Trenloe for the assistance in some of the phrasing )

2. PureVPN told me they could facilitate, provided a lists of servers that should allow that port to operate, and told me I needed NAT firewall addon (i dunno whether i did or not or if they were just upselling but when i go into the utilities, under NAT firewall it does let me play with port settings so that seems good ) Myrdin Potter also reminded me i needed the dedicated IP to make this work, so i added that on (I chose US, i dont know if the region matters!)

3. I was still having some issues, i taked to PureVPN's support via chat again. He couldnt help me and had me fill out a troubleshootin ticket, but i was looking around (I think it was one of multiple threads here from my googling) DO NOT FORGET ABOUT YOUR OWN MACHINE'S PERSONAL FIREWALL. once i configured that, it gave me the greenlight. *facepalm*
    Last edited by BasiliskOnline; September 22nd, 2016 at 00:24.

Blog Entries
    I do not think you need the NAT and the individual IP options. For me, all ports work on the individual ip. The NAT option should gone you flexibility to use their pools. I prefer to always have my players connect at the same IP address when I travel.

I just edted the first post so that it would be easily found by people in the same boat as me. but basically my journey is as follows:

1. Find a VPN, my first attempt directed me to NordVPN, they however couldnt help me, and so i asked for my money back and moved on. Myrdin Potter suggested PureVPN, so before I entered into any sort of purchase with them I contacted their customer service department (via onsite chat client) and asked them the following:

"I am looking to run peer-to-peer gaming that needs inbound TCP communications on port 1802, because I am operate from a coworking space that cannot facilitate that, it was suggested I look into a VPN, is that something your company can facilitate?"

Feel free to copy and paste that for your own use if you want. (Thanks Trenloe for the assistance in some of the phrasing )

2. PureVPN told me they could facilitate, provided a lists of servers that should allow that port to operate, and told me I needed NAT firewall addon (i dunno whether i did or not or if they were just upselling but when i go into the utilities, under NAT firewall it does let me play with port settings so that seems good ) Myrdin Potter also reminded me i needed the dedicated IP to make this work, so i added that on (I chose US, i dont know if the region matters!)

3. I was still having some issues, i taked to PureVPN's support via chat again. He couldnt help me and had me fill out a troubleshootin ticket, but i was looking around (I think it was one of multiple threads here from my googling) DO NOT FORGET ABOUT YOUR OWN MACHINE'S PERSONAL FIREWALL. once i configured that, it gave me the greenlight. *facepalm*
    I did the above and can confirm it was succesfull!

A few important points are:

1) Your firewall (on the laptop), double check that it is set-up correctly, else for the test, turn it off for a moment.
    2) Make sure your Router / Modem is forwarding to your laptop correctly
    3) PureVPN is extensive in features. You will need:
    ** NAT-Firewall Add-On, and configure it in the web interface.
    ** When connecting, use the type Dedicated IP else things wont work with protocol L2TP. You find a list of TCP servers here: https://support.purevpn.com/vpn-servers

To check correct working you can use https://www.canyouseeme.org/ and type in 1802 as the port number while your GM Fantasy Ground game is running!

Cheers and good luck to all trying to use VPN with Fantasy Grounds.

Thread Information