DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Shield Forthcoming: A Villainous Tale

Well, now that I'm all set up with this excellent application, I'm going rebuild (for the third time) my Shield Forthcoming campaign with a new and improved style of play. There's quite a big history to the world, but I've altered it enough to accomodate what I wanted in the first place.

The rules used will be the Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Edition.

I need 3-5 players for this campaign. Sessions are Fridays starting at 7 PM (MST) and concluding around 12 PM (MST) latest. A second day can also be arranged.

Now, I'm trying something different with this adventure, as you can tell from the topic, this is an 'evil' adventure. Meaning you can only play Neutral or Evil characters. I've ran alot of 'good' adventures in the past, and I haven't had a chance to try running an 'evil' adventure yet.

I'm looking for about 3-5 players. You can only create and play 1 character at a time for this adventure. You are able to play different characters during different adventures if you'd like. Experience is not awarded until the end of the adventure (as per rules in the DMG). Starting level is 1 for this adventure.

I hate the die-rolling stat generation honestly... There's been so many annoying things players try to weasle their way through with that I can't stand it. However, because I love the way this application simulates dice, I'm going to accomodate it. Ability Scores must be rolled before class selection, and you can only have 1 set (unless your maximum ability score is 13 or less, or your total modifiers are 0 or less)

Non-standard races are acceptable, but you cannot be an animal/insect/ect. The character's ECL cannot exceed 1.

I can't give an exact estimate on how many encounters there will be. The length of this adventure is meant to be fulfilling, but with some closure. Any players are welcome to participate in the next adventure should they want to advance further.

If you want to participate, you can contact me at [email protected] and/or leave a post. I'm currently doing work on the adventure over the next few days (and digging up my old maps and cleaning them of dust), so you can join using the alias: ugly idol firm zone in case you want to chat a bit.

There's no 'qualifications' per say other than availability. Just have to be a roleplayer.[/i]

There was quite possibly the problem I did not install the patch first. It's been corrected. If there are still connection issues, send me an e-mail. Also, what ports need to be opened for this application in the event it's a firewall issue?

->EXTREMELY INTERESTED<-

Is there still room?

Yes. The room is still open, and it's working perfectly now. Session doesn't start until this coming Friday. I would prefer meeting or chatting before we start. I don't give out my msn address publicly, but you can get it from me through e-mail.

One of the concerns I ran into just recently was the decency level of the campaign. I want to express that this IS an evil campaign. Not like a half-evil campaign. If you want to rape, steal, kill, by all means. There are some things I limit tho.

1. Everything must be kept at a PG level. If you have things you want to rp, such as massacring children, or a rape scene, please keep it as a subtle description. Don't describe each and every detail. 7 PM (MST), hell even I've had supper by then, and I don't want it to end up all over my keyboard.

2. Some levels of evil are just not acceptable. If your going to kill a party member for the sake of hurting the campaign, you can't play. Your expected to play a somewhat compatible character, and if the others feel uncomfortable with alot of your character's activities, your expected to tone it down to an appropriate level.

3. Everything is in-character, so relax. Someone might be a psychopath that murders screaming victoms, and you might be a little uneasy. Put it into your character. Sandra raises a brow in disgust as Vergan slowly twists Mermaris's head completely 180 degrees.

4. Oh yes. ALmost forgot. There's also a limit to gore. Don't describe in full detail how you managed to get an ogre's skin tied to each end of the room, and intenstines tangled and dangling from the ceiling... Like I said. 7 PM... I'd rather not lose my dinner.

As for the PK concern... I disapprove of it, but hey, if you think it'll benefit you somehow, try as you may but face the consequences. Most situations, I expect players to be playing under the impression that they are evil and know what to expect (Don't trust anyone).

And this is IC remember. I expect us to all get along OOC.

Better way of putting it for point #1:

It's expected that characters like those need to have censoring. Examples:

Angelica suddenlys gasps after hearing the crack of Deger's bones from under the bash of her flail, his cries making her skin tingle with pleasure.

can be censored like so:

Angelica bashes Deger with her flail (Censored)

or

Angelica enjoys bashing Deger with her flail *Wink* *Wink*

And I've been getting feedback that rape is a really really big concern (I'm morally against it myself). Moreso to the point that I'm denying that entirely from he adventure. No rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaven
    Also, what ports need to be opened for this application in the event it's a firewall issue?
    Port 1802 - it needs to allow incoming and outgoing.

Thanks. I managed to fix it. it's down until 5 PM (MST) again though.

I'd prefer getting stuff like character sheets sorted out today, but if necessary, I will do them on the spot on Friday. Preparation kind of helps because I tend to like giving player characters sort of a 'connection' to the campaign in some way. Such as an NPC friend, or a written destiny.

Also, I don't want to imply that everything I've listed above is what I expect. I've never ran an evil campaign before, and most villians I've ever come up with are twisted and clever in some way. I did one in a d20 modern campaign named Simon Vernin who was a total coward, but heartless, and so obsessed with money that it got the best of him in the end.

I'd like to think what I've listed above are the 'capacities'. I really want all of us to have fun first and foremost.

I misspelled villain dammit.

your time slot is good for me but "evil". Such games in my history tend to be short, but I am very open when you decide to run "good" based games again. Keep me in mind then.

Good gamming

I'm not entirely certain what to expect meself. I've kinda thought out a few scenarios of what can possibly happen. Honestly, I'm just expecting characters of a cruel nature.

One of the biggest scenarios I'll expect to tackle is that what makes a good vs evil story different from an evil vs good story is that... Evil doesn't care. Good is normally fighting a villain of sorts, while villains don't fight against anything in particular. So I have to build these encounters under the obvious impression that the player characters will probably not care who dies. If Fredrick the writer is pleading with the party to help save him from an evil band of rogues, or if Doddle Westook forewarns them of an approaching disaster, I can safely assume that none of that even matters.

So I'm thinking the motivation will be gold, power, and glory.

One thing I'm definitely NOT doing is what marvel comics does their characters and decide to make some evil villain a "nice guy" with a bad attitude. That's not evil... That's being a ***** is what that is.

Thread Information