Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Questions

Questions

Hello,
    I have some questions. I wonder if it there's way to be invited to attend a party during the FG con ? I am French, but I have all the books of DD5 (or older versions) in American, so I read very good English, I watch a lot tv show in English, in short I'm doing . Although my accent is horrible and I certainly commit alot of mistakes (I apologize). So I think I'm ready to take part as a spectator (and maybe more). Eventually I hope to be DM. I'm already do on the table for many years. I invested in Fantasy Grounds and I have almost all the series of sold modules: D & D Complete Core Class Pack, D & D Complete Core Monster Pack, D & D Princes of the Apocalypse, D & D Rage of Demons: Out of the Abyss, D & D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and I intend to buy D & D Curse of Strahd and the rest soon . I return to my question whether you can be a spectator of some to see how it goes, if I understand everything that is said and whether I will DM (if my horrible accent do not mind the players !). If possible how to find a DM who accepts, I have not found the answer in forum posts I saw that we could register as DM or as a player but not as a spectator . Thank you in advance, in the hope of one day playing with you (the United States is the paradise of Role Playing ). I watched several videos on YouTube and I notice you have lots of players and very good qualities DMs. So I would like to be a spectator during parts of the con FG . One way to participate . Can you help a poor one player in the world ?

PS : If my post is not in the right section thank you to tell me where to put it .
    Last edited by Masbrack; September 16th, 2016 at 12:47.

Most GMs will be fine with you joining their game just to watch. Don't "book" onto an event though, as this will take a player slot. Browse the event list and find some games that interest you and then post in the comments section for that event to ask if it will be OK to view the game, and see what the GM says.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Masbrack if you can understand most things that are being said you would be welcome to join in and play at one of my games. I will most likely be running a Dungeon World session and a Call of Cthulhu session. Most games are in English but there are certainly other players for whom english is not their first language. Dungeon World will be easier on the language than Call of Cthulhu

Too Tronloe : Ok thank you I'll look at the table of sessions of the Con FG 9 and see where i can register .
    To Damned : Really? Thank you it's great! Tell me how to sign up for a DD session ( I know Chtullu but the old version of Chaosium ) and I only have the rules of DD5 (or old version 3.5 / 4/5 or the AD & D Version and even the old red box D & D first name !). So rather DD5 . You do not mind my accent I hope ;-) . Do i have too create a character ? I suppose if it takes a player slot. What are the guidelines for creation ? What rulebooks FG accepts you ( Sword coast ? , The basic rules ? Core class ? ) Briefly tell me what I should do. also thank you for your quick answers to all my silly questions .

Blog Entries
    Masbrack I havent posted the session as yet. Ill PM you or if you register an account over at FGCon Ill email you when I do. No character creation needed. This will be Dungeon World rather than D&D. Same game. Different mechanics. Nothing to worry about. Your accent will be fine.

Okay I'll wait for your message. On what time I have to base my time zone ? I see you come from Australia so this is what ? 8 hours of difference ? You life in a big country and it seems to me that Australia covers at least 2 time zone. You tell me that. By then have a good weekend and see you soon !

Blog Entries

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I speak French, as long as you don't mind Quebecois French. I DM in English, but if you got stuck I could try and explain it in French. I have a 5e D&D game on Sunday with open spots.

Hello everyone and thank you for your proposals. If possible I would like to attend the party by Damned :
    Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 21:00 GMT : https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...21&p1=240&ah=4
    Then I asked my candidacy for the part of Lord Entrails : Date: Saturday, October 15 2016
    Time: 17:00 - 21:00 (GMT)
    https://www.fg-con.com/events/balanc...urbed-group-b/ .
    I know I am greedy !!! It let me 3 hours between two scenarios that should be enough
    Myrdin thank you to you let me know and I'd be happy to play in French , not the Quebecois does not bother me !
    I, who do not dare throw me I see that I was wrong , thank you all I really would be happy to be a spectator , player and later, who knows, DM . I am eager to participate in this convention.

Thread Information