STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... Last

Project: Par5E (cont.)

Note: Par5e is no longer available to download since the public version has not been supported for some time

Starting new thread for Par5E Q&A. The old thread was getting too large and unwieldy.

Cheers,
    JPG

See here for previous locked thread
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; July 9th, 2017 at 12:08.

Thank you for starting a new Thread!

So Par5e is getting hung up for me in a different place now. (It was giving a path error, despite the paths being correct.) Now it's just getting hung up at creating folder structure. It gets to:

Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.9-b62]
    Info : ruleset library .................................................. .......................... [5E]
    Info : module .................................................. ....................... [Ranger Revised]
    Info : ruleset .................................................. .................................. [5E]
    Info : folder structure .................................................. .................... [Created]

And then just sits there and does nothing. When I check the FG Modules, the module is there, except it's empty. Any ideas what could be causing this?

It's not par5ing your file so there must be errors in the class.txt. It's hard to be specific as to what the error might be but make sure you have all the correct punctuation, spaces etc in all the right places. If you get really stuck post a link to a dropbox folder or something with your file in it and I'll have a look at it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Here's the file. I've gone over 38 times in the last week and I can't find the error(s).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wc6y5y2e2s...class.txt?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by AkivaDaphydd View Post
    Here's the file. I've gone over 38 times in the last week and I can't find the error(s).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wc6y5y2e2s...class.txt?dl=0
    Found it: Your missing the Equipment keyword

change that:
    Skills: Choose three from Animal Handling, Athletics, Insight, Investigation, Nature, Perception, Stealth, and Survival Equipment
    You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background

to:
    Skills: Choose three from Animal Handling, Athletics, Insight, Investigation, Nature, Perception, Stealth, and Survival Equipment
    Equipment
    You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background

and it will parse

You have missed out the heading 'Equipment'; or rather it's tacked on to the end of the list of skills. Put it where it belongs and it should par5e fine.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ninja'd by someone other than Trenloe!

If this is the new thread can we please have a link to the old thread included here or copy the first post information (rewritten for the latest version) in the top post here? There's still good information in the old post and really should be easily found from here. Or links to both posts in the Par5E sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Ninja'd by someone other than Trenloe!
    I'm having a slow FG forums day (keeping an eye on FG Con). And now taking a break for Fish 'n' Chips Friday! Go nuts - reply to lots of threads, Ninja free zone for a while...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    If this is the new thread can we please have a link to the old thread included here or copy the first post information (rewritten for the latest version) in the top post here? There's still good information in the old post and really should be easily found from here. Or links to both posts in the Par5E sticky?
    Done and Done. Sorry, I just assumed Moon Wizard had done that

Thread Information