5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Good evening everyone.

I was able to change one of the many extensions posted here in a way CR does not get all messed up. I sadly do not remember which extension was, or the author, but anyway, I just changed some things there and it worked (I also don't have idea of which config was, because I changed the size of everything).

I am using it with my 15' notebook screen, with scale ui at 75, and it works great. The size is just slightly bigger than the Fantasy Grounds original size (like 1 or 2 pt, I am not sure), but for me works great for me.

The modified version is attached here: Attachment 16546

Quote Originally Posted by Galach View Post
    Good evening everyone.

I was able to change one of the many extensions posted here in a way CR does not get all messed up. I sadly do not remember which extension was, or the author, but anyway, I just changed some things there and it worked (I also don't have idea of which config was, because I changed the size of everything).

I am using it with my 15' notebook screen, with scale ui at 75, and it works great. The size is just slightly bigger than the Fantasy Grounds original size (like 1 or 2 pt, I am not sure), but for me works great for me.

The modified version is attached here: Attachment 16546
    Nice Thanks for sharing!

After I shared that, I saw the other posts I had a subscription and found that this extension was made by Trenloe. Good thing I didn't changed the file name, so I was able to find out who is the author =)

Adding clarification:

The file I shared IS the original made by Trenloe. I was reviewing my FG installation and I had tried to increase the size of the fonts by one point further (something like a 12 points instead of 11), but despite of changing the values in the XML, my file does not work.

So, since I am very serious about given the credit to whom deserves it, sorry about that. I started to use Trenloe's extension a while ago and my memory isn't that good, so I made a mess here... =P
    Last edited by Galach; November 22nd, 2016 at 12:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Galach View Post
    I had tried to increase the size of the fonts by one point further (something like a 12 points instead of 11), but despite of changing the values in the XML, my file does not work.
    The majority of FG's fonts are hard coded font files of a single font size. Just changing the font size numbers in the <font> definition doesn't create new fonts (unless it is one of the rate True Type Fonts used), you need to check that the <fgffile> font file referenced by the <font> definition actually exists.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

HiRes Fonts actually increases the fonts without going overboard, and it doesn't turn everything bold (which was part of the problem). Also the Big Fonts typo's several .ttf with ,ttf which shouldn't work anyway unless the system is very forgiving.

The above extension uses Bookerly, a font Amazon created which has gotten high praise for readability on screens, tones down the "harsh black" to super dark grey, and makes sure that styles are all respected... only bolding text that should be bold, having headers be slightly larger than body text, etc.

Leave comments on the linked thread if you like it or find a problem with it.

Thread Information