STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 12 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Hi, Trenloe;

Was there a way to turn off the dice on the players' display?

Also, what dimensions did you make your 1/8th inch plexi glass if I get one custom made for a 43" TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlesslisa View Post
    Was there a way to turn off the dice on the players' display?
    Not really. See some discussion and an option here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...0499-Hide-Dice

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlesslisa View Post
    Also, what dimensions did you make your 1/8th inch plexi glass if I get one custom made for a 43" TV?
    Each make and model of TV can have slightly different viewing apertures to the TV screen. If you have the TV already, measure it. If you don’t have it yet, look at the actual viewable screen dimensions in the technical specs.

I’d recommend you make the plexiglass just a tiny bit smaller than the aperture where it will sit, so you can get it out more easily if you need to.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@Trenloe, thanks voor this extension. It's very useful with my table top configuration which is a work in progress.

I'm experimenting with my exact setup, but two laptops seems most useful. One for the GM, and one for the screen. This allows for a keyboard and mouse dedicated for the players. Can players use this add-on to set their grid right as well? And if so, do they need the extension installed on their side, and if so, does this extension and Enhanced Images mix and match for this? Last question, on which the answer is probably no: can the players use a different size tv?

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    @Trenloe, thanks voor this extension. It's very useful with my table top configuration which is a work in progress.
    Glad you find it useful.

I'm assuming you're using this with the player instance of FG connecting to the GM instance - which is the way it's designed to be used and the way most people run face-to-face games with FG.

I'm experimenting with my exact setup, but two laptops seems most useful. One for the GM, and one for the screen. This allows for a keyboard and mouse dedicated for the players. Can players use this add-on to set their grid right as well?
    The extension is designed to specifically set the grid size on a certain size of TV - which in general use would be the player TV, as this is normally the one that is used for showing minis and encounters. See the "Use" section in post #1.

And if so, do they need the extension installed on their side...
    Players don't get to decide which extensions are installed - the GM enables extensions on their side and the players automatically download and use them when they connect to the GM. This is standard FG functionality.

...and if so, does this extension and Enhanced Images mix and match for this?
    I recommend you *always* read the threads for any extensions you want to use together - especially the first few posts that are made by the extension developer. In this case: See the bold line in post #1: "Do not use this with the Enhanced Images (layers) Extension or the Image Label Extension."

And looking at the first post of the enhanced images extensions you'll see (in the versions) that the TV resize functionality is included: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...n-CoreRPG%2529

Last question, on which the answer is probably no: can the players use a different size tv?
    See my answer above regarding player use - and also see the "Use" section in post #1.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 13th, 2019 at 18:18.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the answers. I did know A was included in B. But I didn't know about the auto download of extensions. So I assumed it would only work with a localhost player. Which is not very logical in hindsight. That's why I asked if the add-ons could be mixed. If so, I had planned to distribute the smaller add-on, but this is not needed and would cause issues if it was.
    Last edited by Milmoor; July 13th, 2019 at 21:16.

Hi, Trenloe, your extension is really brilliant. But can you maybe add some functionality about combat tracker? It would be nice if it will can stay always on top above other windows! Sometimes it is very usefull when players can see initiative order on tv

Quote Originally Posted by Lokiz View Post
    Hi, Trenloe, your extension is really brilliant. But can you maybe add some functionality about combat tracker? It would be nice if it will can stay always on top above other windows! Sometimes it is very usefull when players can see initiative order on tv
    Welcome to the FG forums Lokiz!

Glad you like the extension.

Use the arrow buttons in the top right of the image window to "dock" the image to the desktop (after you've used the extension functionality to resize to the grid). The issue here is that if you dock the map (two clicks of the up-right arrow) then the sidebar goes away. So the trick is to drag the combat tracker button to the hotkey bar at the bottom of the FG desktop before docking the map - then dock the map and click the hotkey (or press the relevant F-key) to open the combat tracker over the map.

Is there an update to the file?
    Running PF2 and connecting to a 42" 1080HD TV. The squares fade away as zoom and the quality is crap! The example was nice and wish it would look like that.
    Running the account as 2 instances over the network at home.

Any updated advice?

Quote Originally Posted by umanami View Post
    Is there an update to the file?
    Running PF2 and connecting to a 42" 1080HD TV. The squares fade away as zoom and the quality is crap! The example was nice and wish it would look like that.
    Running the account as 2 instances over the network at home.

Any updated advice?
    If the quality is "crap" then it will more than likely be the resolution//grid of the image you're using - little to do with the extension itself. The extension will resize the image to match 1-inch on the screen to 1 grid-square on the map. What is the pixel resolution of the map? And what are the grid dimensions (width x height in grid squares)?

Thread Information