STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 12 First ... 678910 ... Last
    GM; when I type /tvsize 50 1080 it works.
    Localhost; I type /tvsize 50 1080 it don't.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelzep View Post
    GM; when I type /tvsize 50 1080 it works.
    Localhost; I type /tvsize 50 1080 it don't.
    The GM only sets this size once. For the size of the TV you wish to resize to. It doesn’t support multiple TVs. Set the size once on the GM side, then resize on the localhost side via the right click menu.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

can I still use this if I have a projector as my "tv" and each of the players uses a laptop? (this is for a local in person game)

I want the projector to display the maps with one inch squares and the players to still be able to use their laptops as normal as a character sheet etc

Quote Originally Posted by SIMON OWEN View Post
    can I still use this if I have a projector as my "tv" and each of the players uses a laptop? (this is for a local in person game)

I want the projector to display the maps with one inch squares and the players to still be able to use their laptops as normal as a character sheet etc
    This extension gives you the option (via the right-click menu) to resize the grid to 1-inch squares. No one has to use the option, just the GM to resize on the FG instance that is connected to the projector. It doesn't impact any FG functionality at all. So, you're fine in what you plan to do.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I don't think the attachment is updated? Downloaded the ext file and it's the same as the previous one according to Winmerge. Using the latest update on FG 3.3.5.
    I still get the error
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/image.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'onCursorModeChanged' (a nil value)
    Last edited by niknas; May 9th, 2018 at 16:28. Reason: Reason for error

Quote Originally Posted by niknas View Post
    I don't think the attachment is updated? Downloaded the ext file and it's the same as the previous one according to Winmerge.
    Yep, you're right. Sorry about that.

Please try the one attached now. It should show v3.3.5 in the chat window.

I'm having a hard time getting this to run. I would like to use it with starfinder. I have the adventure path and am not able to get it to snap fullscreen on the monitor. I installed the ext and click the box that says snap to grid but it doesnt resize. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by PDXCerealKilla View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting this to run. I would like to use it with starfinder. I have the adventure path and am not able to get it to snap fullscreen on the monitor. I installed the ext and click the box that says snap to grid but it doesnt resize. Any ideas?
    Welcome to the forums!

Don't select "Snap to Grid" - this is different. Use Resize -> Resize to Grid.

If this doesn't work, then please follow the Installation and Use instructions in post #1.

- The extension must be enabled for the campaign.
    - The GM must have set the TV size via the command line command.
    - There must be a FG grid set on the map.

Hello, All...I swear I'm doing this by the letter. My first issue was resolved when I found out there was a newer extension available. So no more error messages. But now, I set the grid on the GM side, share it out to the tv (localhost), resize, and resize to grid...Except now the map doesn't fit on the TV. I lose the navigational arrow in the bottom right and it is WAY long vertically and not nearly long enough horizontally. So I have to move the map all around to get to the bottom of it. Then, if I try to resize at all manually, the squares get too big.
    Is it possible the map I bought is just too big? The TV is a 55" with 1080 resolution...I didn't think that would be an issue.
    Thanks in advance for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by DimeLes View Post
    I set the grid on the GM side, share it out to the tv (localhost), resize, and resize to grid...Except now the map doesn't fit on the TV. I lose the navigational arrow in the bottom right and it is WAY long vertically and not nearly long enough horizontally. So I have to move the map all around to get to the bottom of it. Then, if I try to resize at all manually, the squares get too big.
    You can use standard map window move/navigation controls: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Images#Viewing
    - Left-click and drag to move the whole map around the screen. You don't need the navigational arrow if all you're doing is displaying one map and using minis.
    - Or, if you want to pan/jump around within the image window. Resize the map window to fit on your screen (CTRL+left-click and drag within the window) and then use the middle mouse button to pan the map within the window or use the navigational arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeLes View Post
    Is it possible the map I bought is just too big? The TV is a 55" with 1080 resolution...I didn't think that would be an issue.
    A 55" TV is roughly 48 x 27 inches. So, if you're trying to display a map that has more than 27 grid squares vertically then, yes, it will of course be too long vertically.

What is the inch/grid dimensions of the map? Maybe rotate it 90 degrees before you load it into FG?
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 28th, 2018 at 05:01.

Thread Information