DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I know, almost everything is Story entries. I hate that. I have a really hard time reading things when they're in a single little window that I have to open, then close. Especially Savage Worlds stuff, but I'm not a fan of it as an overall practice.

Zacc's 5E modules use ref manuals for the GM Prep stuff but no Story. When I did Jericho Rose, I put the entire adventure in the refmanual so it was playable both there and in the Story pages. Right now I only have GM Prep stuff in the refmanual and I might leave it that way to see if it gets a response. Which it won't because there's no commentary/ratings for the Store Content...
    I REALLY like to be able to read it in as close to "PDF" format as feasible for the module creators. I still generally buy PDFs of things available, (usually grab on sale like now) but I like to not have to open multiple things if I can.

Blog Entries
    The Pathfinder sandboxy adventure I got last night on FG also put the entire adventure text in a refmanual. Oddly there are no credits so I can't stalk the guy who stole my idea! LOL

Ok, I'll look into putting all of U1 in the refmanual. Putting the adventure text in is largely copy/paste except for a couple items plus checking if some frame blocks are needed for images and sidebars.

Blog Entries
    Ive made several adventure modules for my own use in Par5e.
    I dont see an issue with it so long as you can get linking working.

Blog Entries
    Ha...necroing my own thread. I know Talyn just submitted a CnC conversion, but I though I would post here that aw well that Expanding Classes has been submitted.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Awesome! James is going to be busy reviewing the next few weeks. Anyway guys, I submitted the 2015 module The Outpost for levels 1-3 last night. The U1 remaster I'm expecting to have finished within the next week or two (yeah I told myself that a couple months ago LOL). The CS1 remaster will be finished just as soon as I can motivate myself to generate the keywords...

More coming after that!

Blog Entries
    Aaaand just submitted the remaster to CS1 After Winter's Dark: The World of Aihrde campaign setting.

Those keywords... omg that took literally all day sitting here at the hotel doing nothing but keywords for this...
    I'm having a drink when I get home tomorrow night! lol

sorry for my ignorance, but what they hey does generating the keywords mean/entail?

Blog Entries
    With the refmanual format there is a <keyword> tag where you enter the keywords for each page to help with the search function. I have never actually used the search in the game so I can't tell you how will it works.

It was a bit of a PITA to get the keyword generation all done. Par5e, I have been told, will do it but it uses every word on a given page. Talyn used 2 different websites to help him do the work - stripping out xml and then copy/paste into the first to strip out punctuation - then copy/paste into the second to get the keywords.

Ikael's SW Enhanced Library will do it for you (and very quickly too)

Out of everything I have done with module conversion/creation so far it is by far the worst part of the process, and the most time consuming.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    The two minor fixes James wanted done with the Expanding Classes mod have finally been sent back to him (yeah, I know...I got side tracked for a little bit)
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    I submitted my U1 remaster a week or two ago. Right now I'm doing a Weird Wars 2 adventure for Savage Worlds, then I'll be finishing up the U-series and Giant's Rapture (unless I decide to shift that one to later). Somewhere in the mix will be the remaster for Monsters & Treasure of Aihrde (I have the 2nd printing remaster done, I just need to add the 3rd printing stuff into it and make some totally new organization because now they've split it into Monsters and Animals each have their own categories).

Take your time on the CKG remaster, I haven't touched the PHB or M&T in quite awhile so I'm no further along on those than the last time we talked about it. Ideally if we can submit them together so C&C gets one massive free update instead of three piecemeal ones, that'd be cool.

Thread Information