DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Been out of the loop for a while I am a big fan of Castles & Crusades. Ran several campaigns both F2F and on FG. I would welcome any new stuff to be put out for it.

I do wonder if Troll Lord Games and Smite Works would consider doing a Kickstarter for C&C content for FG. We as the player base would fund first a full update of the C&C PHB rules to the latest color printing with tokens. Stretch goals being provided for M&T and the CKG. While they are all quite functional now, updating it all to a similar functionality as the D&D 5e Ruleset with drop and drag class race features, etc. would be worth it.

Then perhaps fund Kickstarters for a series of TLG modules. And any future TLG Kickstarter should have an FG Ruleset fund goal.

Thoughts?
    Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License Holder
    Castles & Crusades Ruleset
    Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset
    Mutants & Masterminds 3e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons 5e Ruleset
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics - AD&D 1e/2e Ruleset
    Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset
    Swords & Wizardry Ruleset

Currently Running: S&W Complete (Blackscale Lagoon)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMetal1 View Post
    I do wonder if Troll Lord Games and Smite Works would consider doing a Kickstarter for C&C content for FG.
    Offhand I'd say some money along the lines of what WotC did (and that's just an assumption on my part, who knows what they did for 5E here on FG and the other official platforms?) plus 5E alone is a massive percentage of the overall sales and games played here on FG, which is why it gets the level of support it does. I'd love for some ruleset updates, which is beyond my capacity right now to help with.

As for content, that's in the purview of we users who step forward to be community developers in our spare time. So, what... a Kickstarter to basically bribe someone to focus all their spare time to work exclusively on C&C content?

I have no dates or ETA for any of these but my current C&C list is (in no particular order):
    • U1 - U4 modules (currently 80% (estimated) complete with U1)
    • The Outpost
    • Player's Guide to Aihrde
    • Update Player's Handbook to 6th printing (if I'm allowed to; I haven't asked yet) in Reference Manual format
    • Player's Guide and Castle Keeper's Guide to the Haunted Highlands (maybe, these are big...)
    • Gaxmoor

Just a little background: I was working with a previous developer on a major update of the C&C ruleset, but that developer disappeared unexpectedly and the ruleset was abandoned. I took up the task to try to get the ruleset to a releasable state, but was having loads of problems. Eventually Moon stepped in abd did a complete revamp of C&C to be layered onto the CoreRPG ruleset. So in a sense, C&C is in maintenance mode, but that is because the underlying C&C mechanics don't change much/at all, but the C&C ruleset picks up all the changes that Smiteworks puts into the CoreRPG ruleset, as well as most of the CoreRPG extensions... which is a lot!

I've been out of the loop for a while, but as far as I'm aware (and please do correct me if I'm wrong), I believe what the C&C ruleset is most in need of is updated core modules to keep up with the ongoing TLG releases, and more modules to make supplemental material available. For instance, that Castles & Crusades Adventurers Backpack Kickstarter project really, really needs to be wrapped into a new module.

I suppose there may be some optional rules introduced in the GMs Guide and the Castles & Crusades Adventurers Backpack that might warrant changes and/or new options to handle, but those should be relatively simple to implement, as the lion's share of the work has already been done for us by Moonwiz.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Blog Entries
    Yes, I've spoken with Ben "phantomwhale" about things, and he was expecting to be more hands-on with C&C but has been unable to do so with Life and his other projects so I think as of a week or two ago, he's back off the project and no one (other than Moon Wizard) is running the ruleset itself. I don't own every FG product for C&C yet but I'm already curious if things need to be added for some of the projects on my list or not.

Main thing I'd like to see from an ease-of-use perspective is spellcasting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Main thing I'd like to see from an ease-of-use perspective is spellcasting.
    The difference between what there is now and what there is in 5e is massive in terms of programming effort.
    I dont believe (Im far from sure on this) that the CnC iteration is any different to 3.5e/Pathfinders?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The difference between what there is now and what there is in 5e is massive in terms of programming effort.
    I dont believe (Im far from sure on this) that the CnC iteration is any different to 3.5e/Pathfinders?
    Yeah it isn't as robust as those. You can't assign damage, effects or saves to any spell.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Tell ya what, I kinda wish CoreRPG had all the basics that pretty much all the rulesets use for spellcasting. Damage, Effects, Heal, Saving Throws, etc. that way everything just worked without requiring you and your players to have a PHD in macro fiddling.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Tell ya what, I kinda wish CoreRPG had all the basics that pretty much all the rulesets use for spellcasting. Damage, Effects, Heal, Saving Throws, etc. that way everything just worked without requiring you and your players to have a PHD in macro fiddling.
    CoreRPG is meant to be a generic platform - a base for many, many, many RPG system. These myriad systems do "stuff" differently - like spells, effects, damage, healing, saving throws (if the RPG system even has them), etc., etc., etc.. Basically, stuff like this can't be put in CoreRPG because it is too specific to a certain RPG system.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I have lua books now and I used to program a lot when I was younger and had not so fully committed to the ways of the accounting gods. I plan on looking at examples in the 3.5 and PF rules and working through some of the code. We all know the money and interest is in 5e. I am seeing the pattern as clear as night and day in 3PP Kickstarters now. They used to do PF as the main system and then convert to 5e. Kobold Press is doing a demon cults book now on KS and they easily got the 333 people needed to do 5e in hard cover and are struggling to top 200 for PF. Part of that is because there are so many books out for PF now and almost nothing for 5e, but part of that is the real market clout for D&D.

The other rule sets here are real labors of love and they only look lacking compared to 5e. Old style D&D is very niche and a good VTT implementation is important to find players. 5e can be challenging to find physical groups to play in once you graduate from school, smaller games is even harder.

I will try and help people working on code. My strongest skill has always been finding bugs and testing (which is why I went into auditing 30+ years ago). I also have a really high tolerance for boring and repetitive tasks like cutting and pasting from PDF to populate reference books. So if anyone is working on a project and needs help in that, let me know.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Just as a quick update, I have finished the conversion of Expanding Classes, it includes both the library format we are used to using and includes a full complete refmanual section. At the the suggestion of both JohnD and damnedI will adding links to the class for the abilities, and making entries so the new supporting sub-classes appear under the classes sidebar button for increased ease of use. A couple more days and I will have this done.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information