5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Also.. 'delete all tokens' causes these labels to be removed.. and then you start getting this error:
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/image.lua"]:42: attempt to index local 'v' (a userdata value)
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    Hrm. After that error occurs.. no tokens on the map are accessible. .. Even after the extension is turned off.

EDIT: I was able to fix the problem by editing the db and removing the entire tokens tag from that particular map.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; August 19th, 2016 at 12:32.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    You might want to add some sort of control for 'scale'.
    When using this extension on large maps with a small grid the labels end up being very small.
    Thanks, I'll look into some form of scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    Also.. 'delete all tokens' causes these labels to be removed.. and then you start getting this error:
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/image.lua"]:42: attempt to index local 'v' (a userdata value)
    Thanks for reporting, I'll add a Token.onDelete handler to cover this. In the meantime, don't use delete all tokens on a map with labels.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 19th, 2016 at 13:58.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    This is great, Trenloe - thanks again! I hope you manage to find away of enabling the export of labels with images into a module, as that will really enhance the usefulness of this excellent extension.
    Thank man.

Exporting should be fairly straightforward, I designed the labels as a new root entry in the campaign database so they can easily be exported into a module. It's more the testing for all eventualities that will take the time.

On a related note - if you add labels to an image from a module that you have open in another campaign, will those labels persist?
    Labels are campaign specific as far as module images are concerned. The labels rely on an underlying teeny-tiny token and FG puts token placement within the image record. Base module records aren't editable so this cannot be put directly into the module, but FG allows for pseudo module editing within a campaign by recording "edits" to the module in a moduledb record file which essentially replaces the module image record just for that campaign. In theory you could manually move the moduledb file from one campaign to another...

When I'm looking at export code I'll see if there is a way to do this (such as record the token info in the extension database section to allow token re-creation on module images in another campaign).

As an aside, it's strange to hear your voice after all this time. After reading so many of your forum posts over the years, I'd created a "voice" for you in my head - which, unsurprisingly, doesn't match your real voice!
    Yeah, it's weird. Zacchaeus made me laugh when he first heard my voice, he always assumed I was American and refused to believe it was me when he heard an English accent.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Very cool! Might wait to use this as I do use the layers extension, but I love this idea! Thanks for all the work you do for the community +1!

Definitely a neat feature; I'll have to try it out when it becomes compatible with the Image Layers extension.

It looks really similar to the pin functionality already included in Fantasy Grounds, but it does seem more useful.
    Ultimate License Operator - You don't need any license to play in my games.
    Administrator of D&D Wiki, and its Facebook page
    Creator and Caretaker of the Tirr Campaign Setting

Blog Entries
    One question, how do you see this working with or replacing the Enhanced Images Extension?

Very nice, only two suggestions:
    1) Ability to have leader lines on the label (low priority)
    2) I would say the Add icon shouldn't look like a red cross. I think that's too much like a health/HP indicator. Maybe something like this (note, this is from Google, I did not create it);
    Attachment 15070

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    One question, how do you see this working with or replacing the Enhanced Images Extension?
    I don't see it replacing the enhanced images extension at all. They provide different functionality. At present make your choice what you want more - layers or labels. In future (time TBC) I will be providing a combined extension that have the functionality of both.

1) Ability to have leader lines on the label (low priority)
    I don't know what that means - could you expand on that please?

2) I would say the Add icon shouldn't look like a red cross. I think that's too much like a health/HP indicator. Maybe something like this (note, this is from Google, I did not create it);
    Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, the red + was just a very quick holder, so not ideal. Graphics will be the last thing I look at, as I already see many more buttons being added to this extension so will leave graphic design until I know the full extent of what is needed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I don't know what that means - could you expand on that please?
    Leader lines, these are lines that connect from the label to something on the image. They might end in arrows or dots or nothing. Here's a quick something I created in PowerPoint.
    Attachment 15071

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Leader lines, these are lines that connect from the label to something on the image. They might end in arrows or dots or nothing. Here's a quick something I created in PowerPoint.
    Attachment 15071
    Thanks for clarifying. Leader lines might be implemented if they can be done reasonably via frames - but they will be static and you won't get to draw/position the line separately from the label. To do this I'd be looking for someone to implement the frame (graphic and FG frame definition).

Thread Information