STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Individual PC XP assignment extension for d20 based rulesets

No longer needed - functionality included in FG v3.2.0

Based off discussions in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-award-as-a-DM I put together an extension that provides the ability to assign XP to individual PCs through the Party Sheet.

Versions
    1.0 - Initial full release after feedback on proof-of-concept extension.

Ruleset Compatibility
    Tested with:
    • 5E
    • 3.5E
    • 4E
    • PFRPG
    • Castles and Crusades

Should work with any CoreRPG based ruleset that uses the Party Sheet for XP awarding and the PC database (charsheet node) stores the experience in a number field called "exp". Relies on the Party Sheet XP entry (windowclass = "ps_xp_partyentry") for the PC having a <hlink> control called "link" to allow matching to the correct PC entry in the database which stores the actual XP total for the character (exp field)..

Installation
    1. Download the attached "Individual PC XP Drag.ext" file and copy it to your <Fg App Data>\extensions directory.
    2. Start/restart FG (if it's already running) and on the load campaign screen of a compatible ruleset campaign enable the "Individual PC XP Drag" extension.
    3. When you load up FG it won't look any different, except you can drag/drop numbers to an individual PC's XP field in the party sheet - refer to the screenshot below.

Operation

Attachment 14999

Basically you can drag a number from anywhere and drop it on the PC's XP field in the party sheet, this can come from a XP field in an encounter (#1) or quest (#2) which can be in the party sheet or not, from a /die xxx chat entry number, from a modifier box number, etc..

The code gets the number dropped and adds it to the current XP total in the PC database, which is linked to the number shown in this field. So the XP control grabs the data, sends it to the main PC database which is then reflected back to the party sheet (as well as the XP field in the main character sheet), which is the same way that the XP "Award" process operates.

Functionality
    • XP field in Party Sheet highlights and shows a + when a compatible number value is being dragged.
    • Whisper sent to the owning player of the PC (if logged in) and the GM to indicate assignment of XP. Other players don't see this message. See example screenshot below.

Attachment 15002

Developer note
    This extension has been developed and distributed freely for use by the Fantasy Grounds community. If you wish to use the code in this extension for anything beyond personal use please just ask. This includes modifying, updating or developing extensions with similar functionality to this (using all or portions of the code in this extension) and making them available to the public. If you're modifying for your own personal use, go nuts and mod away. But if you're going to post something publicly, please ask me. I'll more than likely be very happy you asked and give my blessing. It's just polite and respectful to do this. Thanks.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 1st, 2016 at 19:23. Reason: Added developer note
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Placeholder
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Nice one!
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Used this during last session. Just want to say it worked great!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofFire View Post
    Used this during last session. Just want to say it worked great!
    Cool - thanks for letting me know you're getting good use out of it.

I hear a rumour it might be included as standard in FG v3.2...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Cool - thanks for letting me know you're getting good use out of it.

I hear a rumour it might be included as standard in FG v3.2...
    Excellent.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

This extension is no longer needed as the functionality is included in FG v3.2.0. Please remove/deactivate the extension.

This extension is no longer needed as the functionality is included in FG v3.2.0. Please remove/deactivate the extension.
    Greetings,

Can someone tell me how to achieve this (Individual XP assignment) in 3.2? I am unable to find any documentation/help, and it doesn't seem obvious.

Thanks.

- s.west

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    Can someone tell me how to achieve this (Individual XP assignment) in 3.2? I am unable to find any documentation/help, and it doesn't seem obvious.
    It works how this extension worked. See "operation" in post #1 of this thread.

It works how this extension worked. See "operation" in post #1 of this thread.
    Well, I kinda figured as much. But it isn't working for me... I'll start from scratch, and check my extensions, etc., and get back to you.

Thanks.

- s.west

Thread Information