STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Saving Throw Bonus from Ring of Protection and the like

So my character recently acquired a ring of protection. Is there a way to add a miscellaneous bonus modifier to a Saving Throw, from items like a Ring of Protection? If not how do you all handle such effects in FG gameS?

You could apply an effect that adds a +1 to all saves. The format would be as follows:

SAVE: 1

If you add the item on the actions tab, you can set it up with additional information as well. Such as, add an effect that applies to [SELF]. In the event it was removed from the tracker, you can simply click that on the action tab and have it reapply.

You could also completely include all effects of the ring as follows:

Attachment 14974

This would provide the AC bonus in addition to the Saving Throw bonus.
    Last edited by Kontroar; August 8th, 2016 at 15:17.
    This chasm, that has been naught to me,
    To that fair-haired youth may a pitfall be.
    He, too, must cross in the twilight dim;
    Good friend, I am building the bridge for him.

thanks I think I got it to work as an effect properly. This will work in the "short" term, but would love to see an update to FG, in which you can add permanent modifiers to Saving Throws.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twseifert View Post
    thanks I think I got it to work as an effect properly. This will work in the "short" term, but would love to see an update to FG, in which you can add permanent modifiers to Saving Throws.
    Check here to see if the suggestion has already been made: fg2app.idea.informer.com
    If not, add your suggestion so that SW can track it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

...but would love to see an update to FG, in which you can add permanent modifiers to Saving Throws.
    Hover the mouse over the saving throw entry on the character sheet and use CTRL+Mousewheel to add a permanent bonus (or penalty) to a saving throw. you'll see a little bubble in the top right of the saving throw box showing the permanent bonus being applied.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Im not sure why you would consider this the short term fix and want to adjust the Saves permanently... what happens if the character loses the ring or acquires two better rings and removes it? Will you remember how/why that +1 was there or what it came from. The Effect as described by Kontroar is typically the best way to do it for this type of thing otherwise do as Trenloe suggests.
    Of course there are lots of ways to do things so choose the one that works best for you

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Check here to see if the suggestion has already been made: fg2app.idea.informer.com
    If not, add your suggestion so that SW can track it.
    Created an account there, but can't figure out how to add this suggestion.

I guess I sdidn't really mean to use the term "Short term", but you are right, is is a good work around, though if the DM clears all effects, it gets cleared so it is possible to forget to turn it back on...

Blog Entries
    The challenge with coding all these things as automatic is that every rule in D&D has exceptions and some of the exceptions even have exceptions. So automating stuff in the first place becomes incredibly complex and then it also starts to remove your ability to house-rule stuff as well. The current solutions dont cover every situation but they do cover a lot of situations which is mostly what they are trying to do.
    The AppInformer website can be a little tricky...

Blog Entries
    Examples like this are why I think that FG is both great and terrible at the same time. You can set a permanent saving throw adjustment, which is great, but why is it set by hovering and turning a scroll wheel?

The program would do much better with controls that open up that can be set with a standard interface and a text comment added.

The rolls then can be more detailed when displayed in the chat window to remind you of what was sent.

Thread Information