DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 14 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    If you do figure out exactly how this works...
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post273328
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Seems like "Revert Changes" is no longer there in 3.2. But are you saying that will reload the module and overwrite my campaign updates? Because that's not what I'm trying to do.

Specifically what I'm trying to accomplish is using both PAR5E and Campaign /export to create my final module. PAR5E is great for a lot of things, especially Story entries, but not quite as good as other things such as NPCs. So PAR5E in all of the Story, open it up, add NPCs (Which will go into the Campaign data) and then re-export everything into a single module.

Right now, it's looking like I may have to export my changes then manually edit the XML to merge the two files, which would be a pain... So I'm hoping I'm just missing something.
    Bryan Britt, a.k.a. Brynnan the High

Adventurers League Online, Local Coordinator for Fantasy Grounds
    Adventurers League Online, Quest of the Week DM Team

Ultimate License Holder, any license can play

Quote Originally Posted by Brynnan View Post
    Seems like "Revert Changes" is no longer there in 3.2.
    It's there, you just won't see the option if there's nothing to revert.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Brynnan View Post
    Ultimately, what I'm trying to do it PAR5E the story entries, load up the module and manually add some other stuff like NPCs and re-export into a module.
    If you want to do this you must copy (drag/drop) each entry from the PAR5E library module into your campaign so that it is present in the campaign database. FG will only export what is in the campaign database, not records from library modules already open.

And remember to test your new module in a different campaign from which you created it.

OK,. thanks Trenloe, that cleared up part of it. I found why Revert Changes wasn't showing up and now it is. But my fears were confirmed, it reverts to the original file and what I want to do is the opposite. Is there a way to modify the file, or re-export the combined .mod and Campaign data into a new .mod?

Ah, you were posting at the same time. ok. So PAR5E my Story entries, load the campaign and drag them from the mod into the campaign data, make my additions, re-export. I can do that. Awesome. That will work. thanks.

(I actually did search all the forums and the WIKI for the answer, but I was searching for "Synchronize" Which appears in exactly 1 place in all of FG world. Here.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    It always make sense when I read it. It just doesn't stick for some reason.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If I modify a story entry (and it has the little quill) will the modification then /export into a new mod file? So that I can then open up the original mod file and my export one and see the modified story entry still? That could come in real handy for some of the errors/changes I want to make on published mod files.

LordEntrails, Can you add a little screenshot or text block showing a suggested/sample story entry? In the format you are proposing?

Thread Information