FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 8 of 14 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Awesome, thanks Trenloe. I just learned something new! I love that!

Just going back over this handy reference and noticed in the 'battlemap considerations' section the following...

Unfortunately, masks are not exported when you create a module, so this applying a mask is unnecessary.
    This is probably an editing error, but wanted to point out the odd phrasing. (Reference to 'this applying a mask' when applying a mask hasn't been raised to that point.)
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I've removed the spurious "this". Next time I upload the document it will be fixed

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Does record order matter? I'm using version 3.3. I ask because reordering the records in the xml is a pain and I don't want to have to go back and edit them if it doesn't matter.
    Ultimate License Holder
    US Central Time Zone

Currently Running:
    Player in Carrion Crown w/ Ponyfinder - Sunday @ 7:30pm

Character Creation and Management: PCGen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Llisandur View Post
    Does record order matter? I'm using version 3.3. I ask because reordering the records in the xml is a pain and I don't want to have to go back and edit them if it doesn't matter.
    You mean if you look at the entity ID in the xml? No, that shouldn't matter as all of the lists are alphabetized based on name. If you do re-order the entity ID numbers, you will have to update all the references (such as links and pins) to the new entity ID.

In order to control list order, people generally use chapter numbers (with leading zeros). Such as;
    1.0 Intro
    1.1 DM Info
    1.2 etc
    2.0 The Beginning
    2.1 First Encounter

Even if you create them in a different order, once you rename them the list will resort.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hey guys, there is this interesting discussion over at RealmWorks forums that talks about an interesting fork of MapTools that makes scavenging from PDFs a lot easier.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Hey guys, there is this interesting discussion over at RealmWorks forums that talks about an interesting fork of MapTools that makes scavenging from PDFs a lot easier.
    That looks like a promising thread. Though there are a few similar ones here on our forums that discuss this as well. I have yet to find a single easy approach that works with all PDF's yet. I generally use PDF XChange Editor or GIMP, but both have more than one way to use them and sometimes it works better than others. I've even had some images that when saved with some techniques are mirror images...

Anyway, thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Interesting.

Another way, that I use, is to open the pdf in MS Word then save as html. The resulting webpage's resources folder has 90% of the images as .png files with full, proper transparencies (they appear exactly as in the pdf). For the images that don't come out properly, I use PDFSam Basic to split out those pages, upload them to Google Drive, then from there send them to a connected app pdf to Word converter. Open that file in Word, ungroup all of the images, then save it as html again. That should get the rest of the images with their proper transparencies.
    This method should work on most pdf files. I have come across a couple where the images are weirdly split into multiple bits with the background as part of the image. Obviously, this method won't work on those files.
    Ultimate License Holder
    US Central Time Zone

Currently Running:
    Player in Carrion Crown w/ Ponyfinder - Sunday @ 7:30pm

Character Creation and Management: PCGen

Llisandur, that is an interesting method I hadn't heard before. Awesome. Thanks for posting that secret!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    This is (obviously) not completed yet. But, Not sure I will get much more done tonight. Some of this was done by memory, so it may be wrong.

PLUS, so far these are just my suggestions. The intent of this thread is to get input from everyone. So, please post your module creation suggestions and questions. Then I can edit the first post with what appears to be the general consensus / best practice.

Therefore, post your suggestions
    This information is awesome. Thanks for taking time to compile all this.

Thread Information