DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    On the flip side of that coin, why did Jesse himself put up a big call for GMs for AetherCon (hey, which VTT is that on? Oh yeah...) on the PFSOC group yesterday? That's also a pure fan created and driven con but the Paizo online venture officer is advertising for it again. Still nothing about FG Con, which starts tomorrow (tonight I guess).
    My experience of Jesse is that he's a reasonable guy and will do things for anyone *if he's asked*. You also may not realise that he's a long term Fantasy Grounds user, so there is definitely no bias towards Roll20.

I'd imagine Jesse has been asked to coordinate GMs for AetherCon. To the best of my knowledge, Jesse was not asked to do this for FG Con by the FG Con PFS coordinators. The FG Con PFs GMs were organised from within the community. This actually works better for us, as it (usually) provides more reliable GMs who know how to use Fantasy Grounds.

I don't hear the FG Con PFS coordinators complaining about any lack of support or bias.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I'm looking at it from two angles:

1) regardless who officially uses what, Roll20 gets all the attention. FG gets none because "ZOMG $150 are they insane?" and they close the browser tab before they see anything else. d20Pro supports Pathfinder OGL same as FG and they don't seem to get any mention.

2) the FG Con email blast was asking for more players to make sure some of the tables were legal or got played at all. Look how many PFS people are in Discord every single day chatting and looking for games. Look how active the PFSOC group is. Probably could have gotten them filled if there was any mention of it.

And I don't count myself. I'm one guy, merely a player not a GM, not someone with official (or unofficial) contacts to anything whatsoever and my only PFS character is level 3 so what do I know? I tried repeatedly getting something mentioned in the Discord to no avail (and may have mentioned PFSOC while there since Jesse handles both, I forget). AetherCon has its own dedicated channel on the PFS Discord for chat and announcements.

Anyway, just voicing my frustration with the lack of "advertising" for anything. I'll drop it now. It's probably too late for anything now since FG Con starts at midnight.

We also rely on community members advertising the event - pushing in social media channels that they use (and some they don't). Hence why damned asked you in post #97 of this thread to post in those areas that you mentioned there was no details of FG Con/PFS games.

Yes, I'm sure all of us could do more if we had the time. This is a community ran convention that relies on the community support. If *all of us* put our energies into positively advertising FG Con then things might be a little better in terms of getting the word out.

I'll leave you with one thought - FG Con 9 has 99 events, this is far and away the largest FG Con so far. We must be doing at least a small something right. Despite all of the conspiracies we have to work with.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Oh, sure, it looks pretty huge this time! If I appear all Negative Nancy, that isn't my intention. Like I said, I'm simply frustrated that it didn't seem to get any attention outside the forums here which doesn't help since we're all already aware. I made an attempt in both PFS Discord and in my Google+ circles that has some RPG players.

But I'm very excited to finally get to play something on Fantasy Grounds and if anyone ever gets around to posting the schedule for FG Con 10 so I can request a vacation break ASAP maybe I'll even get up the nerve to GM something for it.

Blog Entries
    There. I made a post in the PFSOC group. It has to be approved, though, so we'll see what happens with it.

I sit here at the close of FG CON 9. It's 0230 locally. I'm exhausted. My brain is fried. And I had a blast from start to end yet again.

I have to say I'm extremely blessed; for my wife who lets me run off and be a useless lump twice a year, for friends I get to spend game time with as we slay imaginary monsters and curse those d20's that refuse to roll above a 7, and for the chance to meet new....well I can't really say "faces", so I'll go with "voices"....from around the world. Sessions ran over, sleep and meals were skipped, but I wouldn't miss these weekend escapades for anything.

Thanks to everyone who helped to make this weekend (and all past and future weekends like it) possible. Now it's time to relax and put my feet up and...

....oh crap. I have HOW MANY chronicles to get to???

Those of you who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

FG License: Ultimate
    Server Alias: crazy cave dashing ninja
    TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    TeamSpeak Password (case sensitive): Dungeoneers

Blog Entries
    You PFS guys - players and GMs - but particularly the GMs did a fantastic job. Between now and then lets make a list of all the pcaes we need to advertise FG Con 10 at and make sure several of us have accounts at each so we can promote and bump each others posts far and wide. Lets use FG Con 10 to grow the PFS community here on Fantasy Grounds.

cmdisc i reckon a few of you might be suffering from chronicle fatigue syndrome!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'll leave you with one thought - FG Con 9 has 99 events, this is far and away the largest FG Con so far. We must be doing at least a small something right. Despite all of the conspiracies we have to work with.
    I took part in 8 sessions (3 Pathfinder—unfortunately missed the 4th because I collapsed in exhaustion Saturday) and loved it. It was my first FG Con, and not my last. I did ask people to come sign up, but I'm going to be more proactive next time, having actually been to the event now and knowing how well it all works. Hopefully I'll rope some people into at least a couple of sessions, expanding the pool of interest even more.
    Corwynn Maelstrom (a.k.a. Mathew)
    Ultimate License
    Presently developing an unannounced RPG

Gaming since '80 (starting with Holmes D&D)—hardened veteran...get off my lawn!

Thread Information