DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Adding the Gunslinger Archetype using Par5e. Couple questions...

So, I'm looking to add the Gunslinger Fighter archetype by Matt Mercer into FG using Par5e. I understand I would need to completely parse the whole Fighter class into it, and I'm fine with that. I do have a few questions though.

1. Has this already been done somewhere? If so, could I snag that reference module by chance?(I did try searching the forums)
    2. Is I do have to parse it in myself, is there a way to set the crit fail roll number? The archetype has a Misfire mechanic, where if you roll a certain number on the dice, it's an automatic miss. So, I was wondering if there is a way to set those Misfire numbers into Par5e so that when it is rolled in FG, FG will recognize that it's an automatic miss.

Ok, so it wasn't a few questions, but mainly only those 2.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Opt1kal welcome to FG and to the community. The answers you seek are 1) not that I'm aware of and 2)no. As regards the latter that can't even be done in FG (if I'm understanding correctly what the mechanic is).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok, thank you for the reply. Yeah, the way the Misfire mechanic is worded..

"Whenever you make an attack roll with a firearm, and the dice roll is equal to or lower than the weapon's Misfire score, the weapon misfires. The attack misses, and the weapon cannot be used again until you spend an action to try and repair it. To repair your firearm, you must make a successful Tinker's Tools check(DC equal to 8 + misfire score). If your check fails, the weapon is broken and must be repaired out of combat at half the cost of the firearm."

And say I was using a Pistol. Pistol - Cost: 250 - Dmg: 1d10 piercing - Weight: 3lbs - Range: 100/400 - Properties: Reload 4, Misfire 1

So, if I rolled a 1 on the dice, then it attack misses and I have to spend an action making a Tinker's Tools check and hope to roll a 10 or better.

But if I was using a Musket which has a misfire score of 2, and I rolled a 2, then it misfires.

So...yeah.

Thank you though, and I'll get to adding this in. Thanks again.

I have asked this question myself and got the answer that it can't be added to Fantasy Grounds due to copyrights or something. But, we have a Kender Gunslinger in our party. We are just making it work. The player just needs to know this archetype very well, and know when/what to roll. We added some of the skills ourselves to the character instead of par5eing it out. It has worked so far with the player keeping tabs on everything. Just like in person RP'ing.

There is nothing to stop you par5ing in the character class for use in your campaign. You would not be able to distribute that if it is copyright.
    The question above was whether the mechanic for misfiring could be automated in FG and the answer to that is no. (At least not without some kind of extension). But that, in itself, doesn't stop you par5ing it so that other bits might be automated. I'm not familiar with the archetype but some bits might work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information