DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Some general questions about customisation.

Hey people!
    Since it worked out so well last time, I figured I'd try again
    I apologise up front if this isn't the correct sub-forum. Been trying to suss where to ask this, so if I'm off, by all means please direct me to the right place.

Anyway, I've been messing a bit with the parser since I bought my ult liscence, and I've been thoroughly enjoying it. Got stuck a few times, but frankly that just adds to the fun ^^

I have run into a few things I can't seem to suss, however, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

When making class files, whether they be custom or from my book (own the physical copies, hence the parsing), I find that all the intro fluff to each class, takes up a lot of space. Especially considering that most people who play, already knows it all, and is really only looking for the tables.

I'd hate to not have it though, as I like the little fluff snippets. So I've been trying to take all the class lore, and put it into a pop-out window of it's own.
    But looking at the class blueprint, I see that all AB entries, have to go near the bottom of the document.

Is there some other clever way, in which I could start out a class with it's name, a link to a pop-out box with all the background info, and then just head straight onto "Quick Build"?

And also, the ult liscence comes with the DD Basic Rules - Player library. Where is that located? I'd like to have a poke around inside it, and see how they set up some of the equipment. Planning on adding a bit of custom stuff, so some idea of the set-up would be awesome!

And lastly, the DMG has a bit on crafting magical weapons.
    Would it be possible to do a similar thing, but for more generic crafting? Like Alchemy, Smithing and what not? That would be quite awesome for rogue-like dungeon crawl modules ^^

Anywho, if you can help with any of the above, I'd be much obliged!
    So far, I'm loving this program ^^

Another question.

If I were to attempt to link to the equipment in this list, how would that work?
    Equipment
    You start with the following equipment, in adition to the equipment granted by your background:
    #ls;
    #li;(a) a greataxe or (b) any martial melee weapon
    #li;(a) two handaxes or (b) any simple weapon
    #li;An explorer’s pack and four javelins
    #le;

I tried going #li;An explorer’s pack and four #zls;#zl;referenceweapon;javelins;#zle;
    But no luck. Is it possible to link like that? While staying on the same line?
    It would make it a LOT easier for my players, if they could just drag and drop equipment from the class description, to their inventory.

And if, how would I go about linking to both the greataxe, and the list of martial melee weapons?
    I've read the documentation, but I confess I'm not exactly good at this, so still just blunt forcing my way through a lot of it ^^
    Last edited by Teemo; August 3rd, 2016 at 23:55.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    All the 5e content is encrypted so you cant view the formatting of these products.
    Order is important in the Par5e.
    That makes perfect sense tbh. Oh well, doing it the hard way

What about the linking though? Is it possible to do?
    It would make it so much easier to streamline the experience for players.

Blog Entries
    I have zero experience with PAR5E (and probably won't as long as they continue to make us register to download a free product) but FG will not render a link on the same line as normal body text. Links always go on their own line. So, yes, you certainly can (and usually should) provide links back to source frames when that's relevant but organize them the same way FG renders them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I have zero experience with PAR5E (and probably won't as long as they continue to make us register to download a free product) but FG will not render a link on the same line as normal body text. Links always go on their own line. So, yes, you certainly can (and usually should) provide links back to source frames when that's relevant but organize them the same way FG renders them.
    You have to register to use Discord... just sayin...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You have to register to use Discord... just sayin...
    But not to download it. And actually... I think people can click a Discord link to open the browser version, just type in a name and go, never actually registering

TeamSpeak3 on the other hand, doesn't use accounts, and doesn't force me to register with them in order to simply download it.

Every barrier to entry is also an opportunity to walk away. Forcing me to register before I can even see the (FREE!) product is almost always the point where I walk away.
    Last edited by Talyn; August 4th, 2016 at 15:25.

While I appreciate a good conspiracy theory as much as the next man (My money would be on every register having a unique ID, so modules made can be traced, meaning if someone were to start distributing content, they could shut it down... That's what I do, anyway), it sadly detracts from my plight.

Thanks a bunch for clearing up the linking. That'll save me a lot of looking. Too bad it's not possible though. I assume there's no way to auto drop items that classes start with, into your character sheet either then?

What about the crafting thing. Is it possible to build upon that, anyone know?
    Hmh, and can one add images to classes?
    I'm toying with chalking up pixel graphic versions of everything, so it'd be cool to have an image as the background for classes, items races and such... That possible?

I don't think you can add any kind of link to a class. What you can do -to achieve what you want is par5e the fluff text as a reference.txt file which you could share with the players. And you can link the class to a reference text as well as to images.
    You are not going to be able to do anything in par5e to create any kind of crafting thing since that isn't done in par5e but in FG. So you would need an extension (which is how the Forge started out).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information