5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Issues Trying to Run a second instance of FG on Mac for Testing

I'm can't seem to get this to work. I'm using wine for wrapping FG. I have tried to follow the instructions in this thread:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...th-the-trouble

I get the license conflict error until I delete the license key from the second instance in my application folder. After I do that FG won't do anything without a key.

Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    I think you need to install the demo client in your second wine wrapper?

So I need to do a new install of FG. I guess when I purchased a license I received a different install. Is it safe to assume I don't need to install Wine again?

This is not an attempt to hijack this thread. I just wanted to make a side comment as a Mac user that I have had great success running Fantasy Grounds flawlessly on my Mac using Parallels. Obviously, that route does require purchases (buying Parallels and having a Windows license), so it's probably not worth it if all you are running on it is Fantasy Grounds. For me, I run Fantasy Grounds and the Campaign Cartographer suite, so it was worth it for me to have a Windows VM.

I run Parallels in coherence mode, which means it basically just sits in the background and when I need a Windows app, that app opens directly in my OS X environment and behaves very much like it was a native OS X app. I'm able to run multiple instances of Fantasy Grounds quickly and easily. Normally, to run multiple instances of an OS X native app, you have to really jump through some hoops (go into the terminal and manually open the second instance using the open -n command).

Anyway, just pointing out my experiences successfully using the very excellent Fantasy Grounds product on a Mac using an alternative to Wine (albeit not a free alternative).

Yes, you we need to install the demo. When I was first testing out FG I had the demo then I duplicated the wine wrapper and after I bought my license updated one of the demos. It has been working ever since.

Thanks for the confirmation guys. I haven't had a chance to test this. I've been working on some other issues based on advice given to me in a different thread.

This worked fine as long as I didn't enter my credentials (username and password) when given the option to do so.

Thread Information