5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Error trying to connect to a hosted game

Hello,

I have been trying for hours to figure out why I can not connect to a friends campaign. I enter my user name and the campaign address and it will load to the player interaction screen but when I try to load my character it gives the following error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/charselect_add.lua"]:17: requestIdentity: Specified identity already requested

I can click on all the other banners on the right side of the screen but there is nothing available to select in any of them. I will disconnect from the server with a time out after about 1 minute. I have tried reloading it both from Steam and the website. I have deleted the folders manually and reinstalled. I have tried to run as admin. I have tried everything I can think of. Now it is time for me to see if anyone else in my boat. I am running Win 10 as well and I am wondering if there is some kind of compatibility issue.

Help? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    On your Join Game screen change your name there to something different.
    That still did not allow me to join properly. I still got the same error and the functions of the right hand buttons come up as blank windows. I don't see any folder that the error describes in my local files.

Blog Entries
    Hi futurespud what game are you playing?
    Are you and the GM on the same version?
    Can you have your GM right click your character and clear owner AND have her rename your character to something temporary and definitely unique?

Try nuking your player cache.

Thread Information