DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Remove effect

Remove effect

So i am trying to learn the ins and outs or effects.

What I am stuck on now is how to remove the effects form either myself or the target. I have the 5e remove extension but unsure how it works. Also does the DM of the game I am playing in need the extension as well?

I know I need to copy the name of the spell word per word.

Any help would be great.

TY
    DM is a nice title for the one running the game. But I like my term better. G.O.D Games Operations Director

Maybe I can help here. I do believe the DM does need the extension, if youre connecting to his version of FG. As for how it works, when youre setting up your abilities on your abilities page, you can create the effect for the power, then use the same effect string you created, but with the prefix REMOVE: in front of it in a second effect for the ability. You'll know youve done it right when the button for the second effect shows up as the little red circle with a line through it, like the Ghostbusters symbol. Once you have that, click the first effect to see if it shows up on your character in the combat tracker, and if it does, click the second effect button. The entire effect should disappear from the character.

I hope this helps, or at least makes sense .

So what I am trying to do is make a Power for adding the +2 for a shield. Since there are times I have my shield on and times I dont. So instead of going into the AC tab I want a effect for it.

I can make the effect but I am at a lost on how to remove the effect.
    DM is a nice title for the one running the game. But I like my term better. G.O.D Games Operations Director

if the Effect looks like this:

Shield; AC: 2

Then the remove effect will look like this:

REMOVE: Shield; AC: 2

The spacing and capitalizations have to be exact. And everything in the REMOVE line needs to be set up as a second effect button on the same ability. That should give you what you need: an ability Shield that, when the first button is pressed, grants you a +2 buff to AC (which will show up on your character in the Combat Tracker, but not on the front page of your character sheet), and a second button on the same ability that will turn off the effect.

Blog Entries
    Only GMs can load the extension.
    If teh GM loads it u can remove it yourself.
    otherwise ask the GM to remove it at the appropriate times.
    They might get sick of doing this and load the extension instead

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    They might get sick of doing this and load the extension instead
    +1
    Why I've always felt that feature should be naturally part of all the rulesets.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfigure View Post
    if the Effect looks like this:

Shield; AC: 2

Then the remove effect will look like this:

REMOVE: Shield; AC: 2

The spacing and capitalizations have to be exact. And everything in the REMOVE line needs to be set up as a second effect button on the same ability. That should give you what you need: an ability Shield that, when the first button is pressed, grants you a +2 buff to AC (which will show up on your character in the Combat Tracker, but not on the front page of your character sheet), and a second button on the same ability that will turn off the effect.
    Ok so I did this as it is seen and did not work. It is just adding a 2nd effect to my character. This is really getting to me.

Also want to make sure I have done this part right. I have the extension in the right folder. Is there anything I need to do when I load up my test campaign to make sure it is working?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkn View Post
    Also does the DM of the game I am playing in need the extension as well?
    FYI, I've installed this extension so it will be available for our next session.

TMO

Cool.....but I need the REMOVE effect to work. Hope the idea Im working on is something that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkn View Post
    Cool.....but I need the REMOVE effect to work. Hope the idea Im working on is something that makes sense.
    Yep...I get that. But it would never work in our game if I don't have the extension. I assume you are doing internal testing on your end. Just let me know if you have any success. If not, I'll remove the extension as I would prefer not to load anything that we don't need.

TMO

Thread Information