STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    The SW NPC Maker will be all you need in theory then (I think it supports all the SW settings in the store)
    I saw that functionality when watching one of the online videos and it's darn nifty. Is it built into the latest ruleset? If not I'll have to figure out how to add it.

Thanks,

rv

Blog Entries
    No its an extension, found here. Download and drop it into the "extensions" folder in the FG data folder. When you are at the launcher select it from the list of extensions available to use. Its a fantastic little tool.
    Ultimate License Holder

Got it, thanks! With Gencon going on (and me not going ) I have some time to mess around with the ruleset and I'll get this setup.

Hmm, though it seems it's not going to work with Deadlands Reloaded.

Blog Entries
    You have to create them without the Deadlands extension on first, once you have what you need, load your campaign with the Deadlands extension on.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

If you just type /makenpc it should work with the Deadlands Reloaded ruleset running
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Ahh, thanks guys. I don't have Deadlands yet. Trying to sort out with my group on what we're going to play next. Deadlands is in the running though.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I have seen a handful of scenarios in the FG Store that claimed to come with the PDF as well but I don't own any of them. When you buy the FG content, it's a direct conversion of the PDF into FG frames and database links but yeah, I like to have the actual PDF to read when I'm not at my computer so I can relate. I just tend to buy the really good stuff (namely rules or settings, not scenarios) twice but I get them on sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by richvalle View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Could be hard to follow along in just FG and I don't want to be tied to the computer when planning the adventure.

Thanks guys.

rv
    Another benefit owning a PDF redundant with an FG adventure, setting, or ruleset; I personally find it far easier to search for key terms in the PDF (e.g. when looking for a rule, skill, or creature) since the PDF searches the entire document. If FG, I have to be in the right library or story or NPC entry for search to work -- and even then it may not work since I think the search will only look for terms in that particular entry, but not sub entries or linked entries. Inevitably this means the term I can remember to search for doesn't come up... so I alt-tab over to the PDF and do a simple search there.

Quick access is commonly needed, at least by me, both as a GM and player, since I'm often trying out new rules, settings, and adventures. (Maybe others need this less.)

I've added "improved search function" to the feature request list here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=105179
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; August 2nd, 2016 at 20:32. Reason: Added link to Idea Informer feature request

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Thread Information