STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    So far the handful of PF/5E shared scenarios I've looked it, that's exactly what they do is swap out one ruleset's stats for the other.
    That can lead to imbalanced material (and party wipes). WotC's conversion guidelines can be found here. As for converting PF encounters to 5e, the guide instructs modifying for difficulty (because 5e has a completely different balance of CR):
    Use the encounter as written to decide on its monster composition in fifth edition. Then use the monsters’ challenge ratings, as described in the Monster Manual, along with the “Creating Encounters” section in chapter 3 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide, to modify the encounter to the desired difficulty.
    Going from 5e back to PF would be harder due to how much 5e shaves off of the content. I doubt Zacc wants to do that.

EDIT: Though, I don't know why you wouldn't just use the PF versions of the adventures anyway. Just manually make the FG module from the pdfs (or hardcovers).
    Last edited by Nickademus; August 2nd, 2016 at 02:22.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    A little mix up has caused the delay in getting part 3 of the Trail of the Apprentice out. Should be cleared up soon.
    Once I get back from GenCon I'll see what the position is with part 4.
    Woot! Off to GenCon? Have fun Zacchaeus

Indeed, off to GenCon.

And to answer the above the earlier Legendary Games adventures were converted from PFS but the latest ones have had parallel development since they are all being released pretty much at the same time for both PFS and 5e. Incidentally I have nothing to do with their conversion from PFS to 5e. I'm not doing the PFS versions of the FG mod since I am not familiar with the PFS system.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the feedback I went and got all the |Thule material which is excellent apart from there seems to be no way of dropping the character narratives on to the character sheet and tou can't cut an paste them as well!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I don't know why you wouldn't just use the PF versions of the adventures anyway. Just manually make the FG module from the pdfs (or hardcovers).
    Because the actual adventure itself -- all the story text, the characters, blahblah are all the same. It makes more sense if the work has already been done once for either that person to just take what he's done and make the Pathfinder monster changes or share the source code (for lack of a better term) with someone else for dual credit and the new person can make the Pathfinder monster changes. That would hold true of pretty much any shared system content like the stuff Frog God puts out that has both 5E and PF editions. The content is the same, only the ruleset-specific stuff and statblocks change and it makes way more sense logically and efficiently to only convert the content on the larger scale once, then make the smaller ruleset changes for each set.

Not that I'm volunteering to be Person #2. I have enough on my plate and while I'd love to get my hands on doing some official 5E stuff (and some PF) stuff someday, today is not most definitely not that day.

I don't think it is necessarily as easy as all that. I can probably par5e the entire story text for the 5e adventure a lot faster than I can read through a pfs text file, whilst comparing it to the 5e version and extracting the stuff which doesn't belong and adding that which is added. The longest time is actually spent creating the module in FG once the text and npcs are done in par5e. So I don't actually see any real time saving.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information