5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

third party modules in FG

There are quite a few Third party modules from AAW and legendary Games, Has any bidy run or played in any of them and would like to report back on how they found them?

Hey, hawkwind. I ran Crow's Rest Island and Crypt of the Sun Lord so far. I'll be starting Devil of Dark Wood tonight with my group. So far the feedback has been really positive. Crow's Rest is a good, short adventure with a pretty cool story. I thought it was good for a new party (new to 5e and D&D for some) and for me as a new DM. I played as a teenager back in the 80's and have recently picked it back up with 5e and decided to try my hand as a DM.

Crypt of the Sun Lord took us a few sessions and they really enjoyed that one as well. Fair number of traps/cool features and some pretty nice treasure if your party finds it! Only gripe at all I had was there isn't a ton of variety in the monsters and I really enhanced the maps with some kits I purchased. Most of the crypt rooms are the same with no "extra" features in them. I added in altars, cobwebs, etc.. and really spruced it up. The players loved it.

I'll let you know how Devil of Dark Wood goes. The story looks pretty cool. Once again I used some outside maps to liven up the town of Rybalka. The maps that come with the module are pretty generic and aren't really conducive for putting tokens on. I am going to use them (the inn, hunters cabin, thirsty serpent tavern) but I also added my own maps for the library and added a couple other shops to make the town come alive a bit more. I'm saving my better tavern maps for the taverns in POTA as I will be starting that with the group in another couple sessions.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me with any other questions.
    Last edited by Gwydion; July 15th, 2016 at 19:03. Reason: corrections

Thanks for that reply, much appreciated

The crows rest adventure line is great. The Rybalka setting from adventureaweek.com is very useful also.
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate

great thanks for that, anyone tried any of the legendary games modules?

Blog Entries
    Im looking at running either Curse of Strahd or a Legendary Games story arc.
    The players are currently leaning towards CoS although some have played Ravenloft so LG might get the nod...

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    great thanks for that, anyone tried any of the legendary games modules?
    The Legendary Games modules are all fantastic
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I started Devil of Dark Wood with the group last night. It was actually a cool change of pace as we went for 3 hrs and most all of it was roleplaying in the village. We did get to a werewolf battle which was pretty cool, but the party rolled such great initiatives it went better than I expected for them! I added in a magic shop in the village with a halfling sorcerer who happened to have spells for the magic users in the party that come with the elemental evil companion. (I gave them the option to swap out one cantrip and/or one 1st level spell with the new elemental evil spell additions). I'm using that to tie into POTA. But I digress!

They definitely enjoyed the night and we should wrap this one up next session. There are several NPC's in Devil of Dark Wood that you can really add color to and make come to life. That was definitely fun for me and the party.

The only legendary games module I have so far is Into the Feyweald. I'm working to get my daughters (10 and 8) into roleplaying and I purchased that module to run them through when we have some time this summer when they are not with friends and they are looking for something different to do with dad! It looks cool for younger players. I'm anxious to run them through it.

Are you planning on converting the whole legendary planet AP? I am looking at running that soon

Yes, that is the plan but I have no timeline for you as to when I'll get the stuff from the publisher.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information