DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Totally in the dark but interested

Background, i played AD&D from late '79 to 91. 1e, 1.5e & eventually 2e. Later in late 90s tried a few months of 3e which was fine (basic books pre PF days) but we moved again and...

Played 1 game of 5e so far, in person, was fun. it's hard to get us all together these days (I'm 51...so too many "grown up" (bah) responsibilities) I did one FG game at FGCon8 (signed up for 3 but 2 DMs blew it off) and am heavily into coding a Par5e like tool (I'm a C++ software dev, using it as an excuse to write my first Java app) and have ALL the 5e stuff and some other adventures from 3rd party cos I lust over the old days and playing hope to actually play online before end of summer.

I didn't know anything about C&C other than seeing it referenced at times in The Compleat Strategist stores here in Manhattan back in the day. it is only recently when I stumbled across OSRIC and bought Adventures Deep and Dark to see what the guy tried to do with AD&D that I read some comparisons of those two with C&C and I was like...heeeey C&C is on FG.

I wondered if it was a "first class" (read about less automation, I meant like as in still supported and kept up to date with underlying core FG updates) RulesetData or like some I heard that were no longer updated.

in any event, at 10$ (no reason to be sad about missing the 25% sale at least) if it's kind of "like" 1e, it may be cool to get.

I am soooooo envious of John and his time and skill to be able to convert ToEE. I'd kill to play in that, we did up to a little of first floor back in 80's. I wish there was a module I could buy of that adventure for any Ruleset!

===================================
    So, is this a "kept up to date" Ruleset?

Is there a (hopefully SMALL) set of PDFs to get to learn it (already spent enough recently in other PDFs) - I expect the rules are in the Ruleset but I'd like somethings I can instead read on my iPad vs being at the pic which I soooo rarely am these days with work and little boy taking my time.

Regards,
    Dan

(the totally clueless guy who should have known about C&C decades ago...)

You don't need to buy the ruleset to play in someone else's game. I have a slot in my Tuesday night C&C game if you're interested, you can try it out for a few weeks to see if you like it without spending any money. Here are the "quickstart" rules: https://www.trolllord.com/downloads/pdfs/cnc_qs.pdf

Blog Entries
    You can pick up C&C really quickly.

In one game session for 80% of it really.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I'm not saying it for that reason, but to have the docs in general so I can grok it as well as look at converting some old modules I hav to test that out.

I'm surprised you didn't need the Ruleset to play, but the 10$ is the least of my investment worries. just wanted to know how many books are out there to get for this. is it old school ADD level of 3 books or like 3.5 of 177 books...

ok found the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't need the Ruleset to play, but the 10$ is the least of my investment worries. just wanted to know how many books are out there to get for this. is it old school ADD level of 3 books or like 3.5 of 177 books...
    With Fantasy Grounds, the GM provides the ruleset and all the books. You can buy a bunch, but all you *need* to play C&C is the PHB, which comes with the ruleset. "Monsters and Treasures" is also handy for the CK, as is the "Castle Keeper's Guide".

I play in Andraaxs in his Tuesday game and it's great. C&C was the first rule set I played since AD&A and it was my first campaign on fantasy grounds.
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate

Blog Entries
    I have a tentative game on Saturday evening if the Imperial Guard (wife) doesn't intervene. You and anyone else are more than welcome to observe if it goes ahead.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Saturday may work for me. Ima total noob with FG as well only used it one time to play. I have couple hundred hours on it prob from just writing a new parser tho lol and looking at the code.

Assuming it is Saturday late in EST day or evening (if it's really late, that's fine too) I can make it. For only 10 clams I'll pick up the rule set anyway. I'll hold off on other FG related things until have need.

I just wanted to be sure was a supported rule set first and as soon as I visited this forum I realized it was at least busy

Let me know, if I can make the time - let me know what I might be playing assuming it is pregen. I'll read the QuickStart.

Eep lol just looked things available, figures too good to be true, rule set is $10 but I guess equivalent of ding is $27 (still less than 5e dmg but I got that because I knew I had my old gro to play with) I missed the Steam sale not knowing what C&C was until after sale ended. No big, I can wait until November, not like I get lots of time to play and have 5e to keep me busy also.

I will still get the ruler since its only a loss of 2.50

Thread Information