DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Free tokens

Free tokens

Hey so i'm new to D&D and i spent about 8 hours just looking up tokens and adding them to my fantasy grounds collection so to save any other new people some time i compressed all the tokens i found and put them in a zip folder.
    I didnt make or nor do i own any of these tokens they were all being given away on sites for free.
    Just use a program like Winrar to unzip the files.

Moderated: Attachments removed.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; July 10th, 2016 at 08:58.

I also have 5 more i couldn't attach in the main document
    I hope this helps anyone and if you find any other free tokens or free token sites be sure to link and attach them here

I'm looking for some Fantasy style bandits if anyone has some of those.

Moderated:
    Attachments removed.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; July 10th, 2016 at 08:59.

Blog Entries
    Hey Jonthekilr you will have to take these down. It is perfectly ok to do this for your own use but unless you own the images or have permission to distribute them you cant do this.

Indeed. Whilst those tokens are free for your own use you cannot distribute them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Can he tell us where he got them?

I don't know how close that would be to saying he's distributing them - what's the difference between a typed url and a "live" url (apart from the "https://" in front).

The issue is that there are a number of copyright/distribution/etc deals between SmiteWorks and various Game Publishers, and more (potentially) in the works - do we as a Community want to jeopardize any chances we may have of being able to work with the material that belongs to these other companies by "pushing the copyright boundaries"? Up to now, my understanding has been that the Community prefers to take a very conservative "hands off" approach so as to absolutely minimize any potential risk in this.

I'm sure other will weigh in with their opinions as well
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Many of the tokens that were posted are posted as being usable by others so I dont think posting links to the pages (as opposed to the images) would be problematic - unless those pages were also collections of other peoples works without attribution. There are plenty of people who offer RPG tokens and art for free - like the wonderful Devin Knight - but you should get them from the source and you should not redistribute them without permission.

When The Space Opera tokens are around 200 at least, I am sure some of the games that have less tokens could be made by mister Devin. I know a few people who would be more then willing to add to VTT game collections.
    Timezone: UTV -08:00 Pacific Time.
    For those of you who want the best custom tokens for your games and character I recommend seeing Devin.
    Games. Pathfinder. Savage Worlds. Castles and Crusaders. Pathfinder 2. Discord: JudgementKiss#4907. Paizo Games.

I would say if someone has legit sources for tokens they could post links or in lieu of that if there is a technicality issue? Post descriptive search to find them.
    Of course, this is presuming the issue is distributing copied/attached tokens of freely-usable tokens but where the owner might prefer you to visit their site - e.g, the tokens are an incitement for hit counts or to see things they sell etc?

Thread Information