DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Hackmaster 5E

Oh neat, is this actually happening?

I would love to help in any way I can. My only programming skill is HTML though, so I don't know how much of a help I can be. Playtesting maybe... but if there is some way I can be of help let me know.

Sorry to bother you guys by resurrecting a 2-year-old thread. I was just in contact with the crew at FG, and their latest was that they are not planning anything for HM, and referred me to the MoreCore set. Then I discovered that there was some work on HM specifically, but it apparently died out. What is the latest news on this? Sorry for not reading through the entire MC thread; it is 110 pages long.

There was a bit of work on a Hackmaster set, but MoreCore doesn't support the kind of penetrating dice needed to play HackMaster, and the developer has said he has no interest in working on that. So I think that work got abandoned.

While I realize that there aren't plans for a HM ruleset, the Kickstarter did say that FGU would support HackMaster's penetrating dice. That gives me hope.

Once it's possible to include penetrating dice, it shouldn't be too hard to tweak the AD&D 2e Ruleset into a HM ruleset, then input everything in the free HackMaster Basic PDF to create free basic HM Ruleset. As far as I know, know progress has been made at this point, but I will probably give it another stab once FGU and penetrating dice are out.

@ CannedMan.
    Work has been sporadic. At this point, it's just a semi functional character sheet, but VERY much a work in progress. Kinda seeing what FGU brings us to decide how to proceed.

Hey wow! This is looking fantastic! I'm going to have to give in a closer look after downloading, but on a first glance I like what I'm seeing. It looks pretty functional.

One question - are the exploding dice working correctly?

IIRC, MoreCore doesn't do HackMaster dice right. That is, they explode to the same die rather than to the die -1. And d20's don't explode to d6-1 either as far as I recall. I was wondering if you found a way around that.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

At this point the ruleset has ZERO automation, as I don't know how to do that YET. I'm just getting into how to do scripts, at this point, it's just an online character sheet.

In all honesty, that's the most important part. Without the character sheet, it's a no-go.

Automation is nice and fun, but if we were playing at a table we'd have zero automation too. Tabletop RPGs are designed without automation in mind, so there shouldn't truly be a need of it. And to be honest, remembering which rules are automated and which ones aren't in the 5e ruleset has been a hassle that leads to mistakes.

If you've got a working character sheet and the dice rolls function as intended, then you've done an amazing job. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake.

Thanks.
    A character sheet might be the most important part, but I think the most important part of GETTING a character sheet might a little support like that.

Thank you.

Thread Information