DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... Last

5e Bug Reports (Continued)

Please report all 5e related bug reports in this thread.

The previous thread has now been closed and all bugs reported in that thread have been fixed and included in V3.2.

Please give details of the module in which the bug appears and give sufficient detail to enable the bug to be found.

You can also find a list of Patch notes here.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It's that list supposed to have 3.2 as well?

Edit : Checked it back at home as well, cannot see anything for 3.2 as yet, I guess it will be updated when 3.2 hits then.
    Last edited by kp9911; October 27th, 2016 at 15:02.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

No Patch notes aren't up for 3.2 yet but you can see them in this thread.

I'm just jumping the gun a little since everything that I had a note of in the bugs list got cleared out last night so I didn't want anything new in the old thread and it keeps things tidy at my end.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It appears that the Carrying Capacity for the Goliath Race isn't correct. It is added as part of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion and something you can purchase for Fantasy Grounds. Mostly referring to the "Powerful Build" trait they have where they are treated as being a large creature for carrying capacity and the weight they can push, drag, or lift.

Note: I have tested this in the current 3.2.0 Build that we can download.

Quote Originally Posted by 7H3LaughingMan View Post
    It appears that the Carrying Capacity for the Goliath Race isn't correct. It is added as part of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion and something you can purchase for Fantasy Grounds. Mostly referring to the "Powerful Build" trait they have where they are treated as being a large creature for carrying capacity and the weight they can push, drag, or lift.

Note: I have tested this in the current 3.2.0 Build that we can download.
    This isn't something that is automated in FG I'm afraid. The carrying capacity is just a simple calculation based on the character's strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This isn't something that is automated in FG I'm afraid. The carrying capacity is just a simple calculation based on the character's strength.
    It does get the character's size and factors that into the carrying capacity. The main problem is that we have no means to edit it.

Quote Originally Posted by 7H3LaughingMan View Post
    It does get the character's size and factors that into the carrying capacity. The main problem is that we have no means to edit it.
    Sorry, my reply above might not have been all that clear. The carrying capacity (and the variant encumbrance figures) don't take any account of the character's size. A creature with 10 STR can carry a maximum of 150 lb. (15 times it's STR). When you add in the Goliath race the Maximum weight carried goes up to 180 lb because it's STR goes up to 12. In reality it should double to 360 lb. but FG doesn't take account of size when making the calculation.

And yes, you can't edit the numbers. If you'd like to see that added then I suggest you put it on the suggestions list.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Sorry, my reply above might not have been all that clear. The carrying capacity (and the variant encumbrance figures) don't take any account of the character's size. A creature with 10 STR can carry a maximum of 150 lb. (15 times it's STR). When you add in the Goliath race the Maximum weight carried goes up to 180 lb because it's STR goes up to 12. In reality it should double to 360 lb. but FG doesn't take account of size when making the calculation.

And yes, you can't edit the numbers. If you'd like to see that added then I suggest you put it on the suggestions list.
    I think you might want to double check that. If you go into Notes and change a player's size to "Large" it will double the carrying capacity. There is some actual code in the 5e Ruleset that causes Fantasy Grounds to check the character's size and based on that determine the multipliers. It will even half your carrying capacity if your are Tiny. It makes it feel like it's a bug because it is checking your character's size, but I still put it on the wish list.

Sorry, I'm still not being very clear am I.

Yes, if you change a characters size it will change the carry capacity. But in the case of the Goliath the character's size is medium; it is only for the purpose of carry weight that the carry capacity is increased and FG does not do that automatically and you can't edit the carry capacity manually. I was going to say you shouldn't change the size but actually now that I think about it that won't change anything else since they'll still be correctly scaled on the map

Jackalwere Bug

Moderator: Moved to here from previous destination

The monster manual entry for the Jackalwere does not have the correct effect applied to it. Should be the same as a werewolf for example IMMUNE: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, !magic, !silver but in the Jackalweres case it is missing the !magic, !silver.

Interestingly I was playing around and "fixed" it on the combat tracker by modifying the effect on the Jackalwere but now when I drag and drop the Jackalwere from the Monster Manual entry there is absolutely no effects on the Jackalwere when it is dropped as a new entry in the combat tracker.

Any ideas ?
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; October 29th, 2016 at 09:27.

Thread Information