DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I drug the class, race, and feat from the PHB before even opening the SRD. They worked fine. Only the items wouldn't drag.
    This was also my experience.

I'm trying to recreate this on my dev machine, but I can't seem to recreate.

I tried setting up a GM that didn't own a PHB and a player adding items from their own PHB; and I also tried setting up a GM that owned the PHB but did not have it open and a player adding items from the PHB.

I would appreciate if anybody has any other information or specific steps that I might be able to use to recreate.

Thanks,
    JPG

I'll attempt it when I next play in the game with the GM that it happened in last time. I'll ask more questions to try to isolate the variables.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Hey Nick are game is cancelled on Saturday. And he has the PHB now...

Hmm. Maybe I won't be able to test it now. If the GM has the PHB, and the lack of PHB was causing the issue...

I'll try in other games that I play in.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm trying to recreate this on my dev machine, but I can't seem to recreate.

I tried setting up a GM that didn't own a PHB and a player adding items from their own PHB; and I also tried setting up a GM that owned the PHB but did not have it open and a player adding items from the PHB.

I would appreciate if anybody has any other information or specific steps that I might be able to use to recreate.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Here is what I know of the variables regarding the this problem as experienced by me:

GM:
    1. Has a standard version of FG via monthly subscription.
    2. Owns only the two Tyranny of Dragons modules, and nothing else

Me:
    1. Outright own ultimate license version
    2. Own all official 5e materials (except the two new token sets), Book of Lost Spells, and Fifth Edition Foes.

The GM allows those of who own the PHB to open them. None of us can drag equipment from the PHB to our character sheets, but we can drag classes, races, etc. Dragging equipment from the SRD works perfectly fine.

When I host my game from FG, this problem doesn't occur for any of my players.

Alright I can sort of replicate this on my own machine (I can't test any other way since none of my players own the PHB).

I start up FG and have the PHB closed but with the green 'Allow Player load' visible. I then join my own game using a second instance of FG. I can access the PHB and the SRD. I can open the PHB and create a character by drag/dropping class, background race etc. However no equipment item standard, weapon, armour etc will drag and drop into the character. However I can't do that from the SRD either. So that's weird. However it looks like there is a problem somewhere in all of this.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hmm, not seeing this in v3.2.0, so I either fixed it already or I still can't recreate. Anyone running v3.2.0 with the PHB that can check Zacchaeus's example to verify for me?

Thanks,
    JPG

Moon Wizard. I just tested it in 3.2 and it works; so somewhere along the line this has been fixed. (It may have been the same problem that was causing the incorrect numbers of items to appear in player/GM view of various equipment items)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Has any target time frame been set for 3.2.0?

Thread Information