FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: 5e Slow Spell

5e Slow Spell

Hi all,

Playing D&D 5e on FGU and noticed that the effects for the slow spell effect differ from the intended rules in the core rulebook. Specifically, Dexterity saving throws should be at a -2 modifier. Instead FGU has disadvantage on Dexterity saving throws. I have tried to fix the syntax coding for the spell but have been unsuccessful. Has anyone else run into this issue and found a fix? Or is this a limitation of the software?

Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to 5E forum for best visibility.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Where are you getting the slow spell from? I dragged from the PHB and it appears correct for me.
    Screen Shot 02-24-22 at 02.38 PM 002.PNG

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I've tried the PHB and Tasha's Slow options but the screenshot you showed is incorrect as far as I can tell.

From the PHB: An affected target's speed is halved, it takes a -2 penalty to AC and Dexterity Saving Throws, and it can't use Reactions. On its turn, it can use either an action or a Bonus Action, not both. Regardless of the creature's Abilities or magic items, it can't make more than one melee or ranged Attack during its turn.

The way this syntax is written it is giving Disadvantage to Dexterity savings throws. It should only be a -2 modifier.

Blog Entries
    Ah! I see it now. Going to have to wait for Mr. Z to chime in. I don't know if this is hard coded or not. Might move this back to the HoH as a bug depending upon Mr Z's response.

Thanks for the quick response. it is a weird spell the way it's worded and I think it might have been coded wrong. I'm surprised no one has noticed it before.

Looks like you are correct. Not sure if it was originally disadvantage and that then changed but I can’t find any errata to that effect. I’ll alert the developers.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; February 24th, 2022 at 23:54.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Fixed the spell parsing in the 5E code for "Slow" spell in the Test/beta channel. It won't change any existing data; but will get set when dropping spell or using right click to Reparse.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Thanks Moon.

Thread Information