DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer58 View Post
    So to sum this up, this is all theory and is available but you have not actually done it. So it may or may not work as advertised. At least I have an idea of what is available to help me.
    And I know it is supposed to be possible to do this. But does it really work?
    Yes it really works. I have used the UME. If you consider "works" with the caveats I stated and that the extension develoer states in his post, then yes it works exactly like it is supposed to.

I would like to hear from someone that actually did this with toee 1e module and used it with the Universal module extension with Fantasy grounds unity engine in 5e rules.
    Hopefully someone who has done that exact things will chime in, but give it's a pretty specialized single use case, it's unlikely you will find someone with those exact qualifications. If you are worrying about buying FG or the ToEE module, the FG Store has a 30 day refund policy for any reason. So you can get a refund if it somehow does not meet your expectations.

I would like to know exactly how universal that module extension really is.
    I don't understand your statement. What's unclear about the extension? Is there something missing or unclear in the linked post?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

LordEntrails is right and I bet he has converted a bunch of 1e modules. Universal Module Extension will allow you to open ToEE 1e. I have both and have done it. While I have not converted ToEE 1e I have converted The Keep on the Borderlands 1e. I would open a encounter and just change the monsters out for the 5e version of them. I would then adjust group size so they did not overwhelm the party. If you want a quick conversion that is all you need to do. Now if you want to tweak the boss fights you just make a copy of the 5e create and change the stats so they fit the boss fight you want. Some of the treasure will come over but others that are linked the the 2nd ed books you will need to grab the 5th edition version and swap them out like you are doing the monsters.

The one thing I would not do is just try and modify the stats on the 1e monsters and think it would work. It is a pain and not worth the time. If you want to hop in discord and see what all I am talking about I would be glad to show you.
    Last edited by Granamere; August 28th, 2020 at 23:22.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yes it really works. I have used the UME. If you consider "works" with the caveats I stated and that the extension develoer states in his post, then yes it works exactly like it is supposed to.

Hopefully someone who has done that exact things will chime in, but give it's a pretty specialized single use case, it's unlikely you will find someone with those exact qualifications. If you are worrying about buying FG or the ToEE module, the FG Store has a 30 day refund policy for any reason. So you can get a refund if it somehow does not meet your expectations.

I don't understand your statement. What's unclear about the extension? Is there something missing or unclear in the linked post?

Your answers seem ambiguous to me. When I asked if you used it for the purpose I am going to use it for, I mean have you opened a 1e module into a 5e rule set game.
    When you say you have used it that great, but implies that you used it in a manner that I will so as to prove it works. I understand it works or it would not be sold.
    But there are different levels of works. Bugs ect... That is why I am being specific. I am not looking for a general yes statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    LordEntrails is right and I bet he has converted a bunch of 1e modules. Universal Module Extension will allow you to open ToEE 1e. I have both and have done it. While I have not converted ToEE 1e I have converted The Keep on the Borderlands 1e. I would open a encounter and just change the monsters out for the 5e version of them. I would then adjust group size so they did not overwhelm the party. If you want a quick conversion that is all you need to do. Now if you want to tweak the boss fights you just make a copy of the 5e create and change the stats so they fit the boss fight you want. Some of the treasure will come over but others that are linked the the 2nd ed books you will need to grab the 5th edition version and swap them out like you are doing the monsters.

The one thing I would not do is just try and modify the stats on the 1e monsters and think it would work. It is a pain and not worth the time. If you want to hop in discord and see what all I am talking about I would be glad to show you.
    Thank You. That is what I wanted to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post

Well, Here is my experience so far with fantasy grounds unity ultimate. Just bought it on steam along with toee 1e module. Spent hours trying to get it to sync up with the fantasy grounds web site. Finally get it registered. Now can not open toee 1e with 5e rule set. Asked support@fantasygrounds for help. They say it can not be done. They tell me, 1e modules can only be opened in 1e or 2e rules sets.
    I have been at this now for 8 hours and have no joy. Spent hours watching self help videos. Spent over $200 for this already and if it works the way I want it to will spend several hundred more.
    But all in all. This has been the most frustrating computer experience of my life to date. And I started back in the day writing my own batch files to get programs to work in dos with a dual boot into win 3.1 and loading drivers into high memory blocks. That was easier than this is. As of now still can not open toee 1e in 5e rule set. And have no idea how to proceed from here other than total refund of everything.

The problem for me is the universal module extension is not available on steam and You can not mix content from steam with fantasy grounds purchases.
    Last edited by hammer58; September 1st, 2020 at 19:04.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer58 View Post
    Well, Here is my experience so far with fantasy grounds unity ultimate. Just bought it on steam along with toee 1e module. Spent hours trying to get it to sync up with the fantasy grounds web site. Finally get it registered. Now can not open toee 1e with 5e rule set. Asked support@fantasygrounds for help. They say it can not be done. They tell me, 1e modules can only be opened in 1e or 2e rules sets.
    I have been at this now for 8 hours and have no joy. Spent hours watching self help videos. Spent over $200 for this already and if it works the way I want it to will spend several hundred more.
    But all in all. This has been the most frustrating computer experience of my life to date. And I started back in the day writing my own batch files to get programs to work in dos with a dual boot into win 3.1 and loading drivers into high memory blocks. That was easier than this is. As of now still can not open toee 1e in 5e rule set. And have no idea how to proceed from here other than total refund of everything.

The problem for me is the universal module extension is not available on steam and You can not mix content from steam with fantasy grounds purchases.
    Support told you that because the Universal Module Extension is a community developed extension and is not supported by SmiteWorks. But it works just fine. You must download it from the link provided earlier. And you must manually install it. And if it ever updates, you must manually update it.

Yes you can install it on a Steam Licensed version of FGU. The Steam license does not alter how FG behaves. Install the UME in your Extensions sub-folder of your Data Folder. Then you must enable it (like all extension) prior to launching your campaign.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Support told you that because the Universal Module Extension is a community developed extension and is not supported by SmiteWorks. But it works just fine. You must download it from the link provided earlier. And you must manually install it. And if it ever updates, you must manually update it.

Yes you can install it on a Steam Licensed version of FGU. The Steam license does not alter how FG behaves. Install the UME in your Extensions sub-folder of your Data Folder. Then you must enable it (like all extension) prior to launching your campaign.
    Ok Thanks, I thought it was a purchased module. And I found it and got it to work. So 10 hours later I finally opened toee in rule set 5.

Good thing I am retired and can devote lots of time to this project. It is going to need it. For immediate use in our pen and paper game I just want it for line of sight and mapping utility. I will add more functionality as I go.

Blog Entries
    Don't hesitate to jump on the FG or FGC Discord servers. Question like this can often be answered in a few minutes

Our group has several DMs so we all have a standard license. No standard license- no game

Thread Information